It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Star Sonata 2 teaser video
For anyone who didn't see the link posted in misc, here's a YouTube video of Star Sonata 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul-MiX1Qge0

Please make sure you turn on HD and watch in full screen and have a good Internet connection as the better your connection, the better video YouTube will give you. All the text on the screen should be totally crisp like you see in the game normally if you have a good enough connection.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Star Sonata 2 teaser video
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31606

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:11 pm

new client looks great!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

One thing that I didn't see in the video and i am not sure if it is implemented yet is how ships pass over/under one another. Not sure if this is already in but a simple way to decide what goes where is by size or weight stat of the ship, smaller lighter things to the top (so you can see them) and bigger things on the bottom. Of course your own ship should always be easily visible. Don't really know if that is in our not just my suggestion because i didn't see it.

Must say the minimizing hud feature will really be of use, every time i up my res i always feel cramped anyways and getting that extra little side of the screen will just make me that much happier.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Team: None
Main: Gamepro07
Level: 1818
Class: Seer

Trouser23 wrote:
One thing that I didn't see in the video and i am not sure if it is implemented yet is how ships pass over/under one another. Not sure if this is already in but a simple way to decide what goes where is by size or weight stat of the ship, smaller lighter things to the top (so you can see them) and bigger things on the bottom. Of course your own ship should always be easily visible. Don't really know if that is in our not just my suggestion because i didn't see it.

Or.. you know.. just make it so that ships collide with each other ;)

That way you can have dreadnaughts with little ships inside of it.. its as if its carrying those little ships so that when the enemies try to attack the dread, the little evil fighters come out and blow stuff up.

Yet another stupid idea by Gamepro03.

But, on a more serious subject, there was the whole ships going over planets as they passed over them, so I assume there will be some sort of code for this with spaceships too... right?

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 927
Class: Engineer

Gamepro08 wrote:
Trouser23 wrote:

Or.. you know.. just make it so that ships collide with each other ;)

That way you can have dreadnaughts with little ships inside of it.. its as if its carrying those little ships so that when the enemies try to attack the dread, the little evil fighters come out and blow stuff up.

Yet another stupid idea by Gamepro03.

But, on a more serious subject, there was the whole ships going over planets as they passed over them, so I assume there will be some sort of code for this with spaceships too... right?

Thought the bulk did fly through the sun.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

kagekami wrote:
Thought the bulk did fly through the sun.

Over the sun, under the sun's effects.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: phil
Level: 2334
Class: Fleet Commander

I gotta say that it definitely looks a lot better than I had thought it would, but I am not a big fan of some of the ship graphics I saw in that video. The shrimp looks like a cardboard cutout with some bends in it, and the goldenboy looks far too cartoony.

Anyhow, nice to see that there has been some advancements in the fabled client2. :wink:

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

Thanks alot now I gotta buy new pants..

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

If all of this is client side, then likely you will allways fly over everyone else, just like everyone else will allways fly over you. Its just a matter of perspective.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942
Class: Berserker

so whats this going to be called cuz imo thats not SS anymore, i dont understand what the hype is about but i look forward to quitting when/if it comes out xD

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

It looks epic, fantastic job.

Few minor niggles I have with it.
As has been previously said, the Shrimp looks like a cardboard cutout. Really awful.
The zebucart just doesnt look like a ship anymore.
Ships will float up to pass over other ships and suns etc. How are bullets animated to pass over allied ships but hit hostile ships with the collision code? This could result in things looking very odd when my ship is flying over an AI, teammates bullets pass over me but hit the AI underneath me.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

MagicSteve wrote:
It looks epic, fantastic job.

Few minor niggles I have with it.
As has been previously said, the Shrimp looks like a cardboard cutout. Really awful.
The zebucart just doesnt look like a ship anymore.
Ships will float up to pass over other ships and suns etc. How are bullets animated to pass over allied ships but hit hostile ships with the collision code? This could result in things looking very odd when my ship is flying over an AI, teammates bullets pass over me but hit the AI underneath me.

Currently ships do not pass over other ships. We haven't approached that issue yet, there is still discussions about it.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Team: STF
Main: USS ENTEPRISE-NCC170
Level: 20
Class: None

:O lol those are pimped out graphics lol and i love how nicely detailed the suns look :) heheh keep up the good work SS admins.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 1504
Class: Fleet Commander

SS is starting to look like a real game now. I'm very impressed, though I will probably miss the old client. Great job guys. =)

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next