It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

Post Hermes Winged Sandals
Image Image
Im making this because I feel it would make the Hermes ship more seer compatible.

So far the inbuilts tell me this:

Adrenaline Syringe (nanite)

Nanites are made to make seers remotely attractive to oly runs and such, not something I want on my glorious endgame T21 ship, a filler.

Mobile Concealment Array

Basically wants me to hide like a bitch, while the +radar lets me see the battle that im hiding from.

I started reading a bit about the Greek god Hermes, and everything about him says bursts of speed! So I think a seer would benefit greatly if there was a Poseidon submerger-like inbuilt added, but with a few changes to conform to a seers needs.
Change the color to a goldish sparkely color, like the gods would want. Now, change the nanite/parasite that comes from the inbuilt's projectiles into a -radar and you have the perfect inbuilt.

Something like this would definitely encourage BaG to make a hermes, instead of use the better AWC as a seer ship. :mrgreen:

/revampdiscuss

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Last edited by Bastamental on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821

Post Re: Hermes Winged Sandals
I don't understand why they decided to use Hermes anyways. Hermes is all about speed, and has an item in the myths that make him go very fast. If anything, Hermes should replace Ares, and Ares be some sort of Heavy Fighter Uber.

Hades, on the other hand, has the Helm of Darkness. This is a helmet that functions exactly like Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

HOW THE FUCK DOES WINGED SANDALS SAY MORE STEALTH THAN STEALTH HELMET

Unless, of course, the developer who made Hermes is the player Hermes.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

Max235 wrote:

HOW THE FUCK DOES WINGED SANDALS SAY MORE STEALTH THAN STEALTH HELMET?

wasn't there something in the story of perseus where the winged sandals made him invisible? i think yes

VaporiZe!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
Max235 wrote:

HOW THE FUCK DOES WINGED SANDALS SAY MORE STEALTH THAN STEALTH HELMET?

wasn't there something in the story of perseus where the winged sandals made him invisible? i think yes

Perseus received the Winged Sandals and Cronos' Sickle from his brother Hermes. The sandals made him fly really fast and the sickle was a powerful cutting weapon. He received the Golden Shield from his sister Athena, which not only was very sturdy, but could reflect the image of the Gorgan back to its owner.

Perseus received Hades' Cap of Darkness and a magical wallet that negated the effects of magical items when you put them in it from the Nymphs of the North.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: ahileus
Level: 3088

More speed would be nice on Argeiphontes Hermes (from 100 to 120).

There is no reason to follow Greek Mythology at all. We play SS not some ancient game.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:47 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

I'm not sure what you are suggesting, since the Argeiphontes Hermes already has two or three in builts. I'm pretty sure I already used the name "Hermes Winged Sandals" for an engine too.

I can't really remember why I choose Hermes though, but if you read into the epithet argeiphontes, you'll learn he got that from killing a monster with 100 eyes. I'm not sure about you, but that seems to be the kind of thing a stealthy person can do. :)

Support

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:42 am

Still waiting for Mercury.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 am
Profile E-mail

I'm all for making Hermes harder (from what I hear, a squad that can kill bana can kill hermes, but absolutely fail else where in Oly) to bolster the inbuilts on the ship or change them to better inbuilts.

People assume that since it IS an olympus ship, it should have some really good stats/inbuilts.

The inbuilts, however, are horrible. The way parasite weapons and their effects work is a real let down for the Syringe. It affects the base stats, so unless it's something like the stingray poison, it isn't powerful enough and therefore takes up a weapon slot.

The drone is, from what kane and basta tell me, is a stationary drone that reduces the owner's vis (because reflection isn't affected by any stat found on augs/auras/tweaks). Even if it was mobile, it'd still be pretty shit.

But the inbuilts sound cool and we can.

Which is why a whole host of suggested inbuilts be considered to replace them. Tweak generator, minefield factory/generator, advanced advanced seer warper, secondary OL slot (for no inbuilts at all), aura (both self and allies) generator.

The list goes one for potential replacements.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 am

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I must say that the ArH inbuilts were a letdown compared to other Olympus ships. The little concealment array still can't hide my sniper from an Engineer's drones (the only stationary enemies I tend to encounter), so I find it rather useless. The nanite on the other hand is just kind of pointless considering (1) how little effect it has on DPS, and (2) how badly it affects DPE.

And Hermes was only able to kill Argos by putting all his eyes to sleep with the Caduceus.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:11 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I'm not sure what you are suggesting, since the Argeiphontes Hermes already has two or three in builts. I'm pretty sure I already used the name "Hermes Winged Sandals" for an engine too.

I can't really remember why I choose Hermes though, but if you read into the epithet argeiphontes, you'll learn he got that from killing a monster with 100 eyes. I'm not sure about you, but that seems to be the kind of thing a stealthy person can do. :)

Replace 1 or 2 of the current inbuilt with a Posideon Submerger SSS, but change the color, textures and make the projectile parasite give -radar.

I also wanted the drone to be mobile, but I simply dont need that much -vis. The nanite simply needs to be replaced, Il think about ideas.

Edit: I dont know if its possible, but dampening the amount of visibly a weapon gives off would be amazing, not the rate of decline. It would be in the form of an inbuilt tweak or something weird. Or if you make the drone mobile, spamming smoke screens, then mabe change the code a bit on smoke screens. (Im not even sure if smoke screens have a cloaking effect on bullets visibility, if not, add it)

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Last edited by Bastamental on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Bobbo, please do not listen to bastamental.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Bastamental wrote:
Replace 1 or 2 of the current inbuilt with a Posideon Submerger SSS, but change the color, textures and make the projectile parasite give -radar.

Not possible to replace them, unless they kept the name, since there isn't a way I can forcibly remove the item from the players.

Also, a copy of the Poseidon Submerger is really, really, really lame.

Quote:
Edit: I dont know if its possible, but dampening the amount of visibly a weapon gives off would be amazing, not the rate of decline. It would be in the form of an inbuilt tweak or something weird. Or if you make the drone mobile, spamming smoke screens, then mabe change the code a bit on smoke screens. (Im not even sure if smoke screens have a cloaking effect on bullets visibility, if not, add it)

Ink bombs do effect projectile visibility, since they cover it up, it's not possible to tweak the weapon visibility outside of changing the actual weapon itself.

Support

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:06 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Ink bombs do effect projectile visibility, since they cover it up, it's not possible to tweak the weapon visibility outside of changing the actual weapon itself.

Mabe make the drone mobile, tankier and spams ink bombs?

Edit: - radar aura would be something also to look into.

But in the end, I dont really want to hide. I just want to perform in PvP situations. Since seers are too slow to escape any real danger, I use blitz turbos. So essentially I already know what its like to have a "pos submerger" like effect on a hermes. The result? AMAZING!! It simply cannot be surpassed.

Also, theres only 3 Hermes ingame, if your gonna change the inbuilts, you should do it soon :wink:

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

A beef to the drone as described (spamming smoke screens as opposed to the Aegis' envelopements) would be a great change in theory and gains my tentative support. I also fully agree with a submerger style inbuilt.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

With only three in game it's not like it would be that hard to remove an inbuilt and replace it with another. That just sounds like laziness to me. However, I'm not in favor of Basta's submerger idea. Seers are already able to dictate when combat takes place; they don't also get the best possible device to dictate when it ends.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 am