It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Post Re: Stasis Generator Warning
blacker2359 wrote:
You're and idiot. This isn't "carebare" at all. I have done this before, and its not like its a complex thing that makes the game, its just something so people don't accidently do something that could hurt them very badly.

It's "carebear" not "carebare". Read the fucking post before you respond, thank you ^^.

And yes, it is carebear, the whole concept of not loosing anything is carebear. Play any of the old video games and be absolutely amazed at how little carebear there is. Now I won't deny that those games do cause a lot of rage, but you always end up trying again. It's actually better than a game you can get tired of. It's always a challenge worth showing to yourself that you can still do it, or just to get yourself back in the groove. If you can get tired of an mmo, they've done it wrong. If you comeback to it, they've done it right.

Why do we even need to have stasis gens in this game? The only time I could see it is if you could have just bearly survived if that shot was delayed just one second or something like that. If you
continually use the stasis generator, you need better slaves or you're just abusing the system. Seriously, as simple as that.

Ever take a look at what SS is? If you think it's supposed to be a drawn out grind fest designed to draw out subscriptions for the simple feature of being another grind to say you beat (think prestige on CoD, not an mmo, thank you obvious). SS was designed around PvP and the sense of danger. There's nothing else that could keep you in the game unless artificial waits are your thing, in which case, play EVE.
Even EVE is based around the fact that you could loose everything. Adrenaline is THE most addictive thing a game could require from its players. Won't have it with stasis gens. Note: I am against stasis gens in general.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

In EVE, if you lose the entire ship, you can fall back on previously built up backup ships. In EVE, you can make a ton more money at a faster rate than SS (including scamming, which is very shunned in SS and always earns a kos). In EVE, there is no specific place you MUST come to at ANY time to advance even one INCH of your progression.

In SS, you are encouraged from the beginning to put all eggs into one basket, so when you do lose anything, it's such a massive loss that normal players quit outright.

In SS, character progression requires quality effort. Limping your way through a game with barely Battleship level 5 is possible. In SS, that equivalent is not possible.

In SS, you MUST go to very SPECIFIC places to advance very CRITICAL parts of your character. If your team requires ANY thing, theres normally a very specific place it has to go to. A smart enemy can blockade this content from you or your team and theres very little for you to do about it.

tl;dr
You can either go full stop WoW, or full stop EVE. There is no pick and choose because in the end something bad happens and people quit. The game loses customers.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:31 am

Max235 wrote:
In EVE, if you lose the entire ship, you can fall back on previously built up backup ships. In EVE, you can make a ton more money at a faster rate than SS (including scamming, which is very shunned in SS and always earns a kos). In EVE, there is no specific place you MUST come to at ANY time to advance even one INCH of your progression.
You make money faster than SS? Good lord, they go into the quadrillions of credits?

In SS, you are encouraged from the beginning to put all eggs into one basket, so when you do lose anything, it's such a massive loss that normal players quit outright.
You're putting all your eggs into a ship that you don't personally pilot? Slaves are the opposite of eggs in one basket, bro.
In SS, character progression requires quality effort. Limping your way through a game with barely Battleship level 5 is possible. In SS, that equivalent is not possible.
Eh.... there are ways.... but I'd rather they not think it could be abused so badly... If you're going with normal tactics, hell yes it's possible, in fact that's what admin were trying to crack down on.
In SS, you MUST go to very SPECIFIC places to advance very CRITICAL parts of your character. If your team requires ANY thing, theres normally a very specific place it has to go to. I don't like it either and it wasn't always this bad. A smart enemy can blockade this content from you or your team and theres very little for you to do about it.
I'm sorry, what was actual pvp like? Oh yeah... Plus, you'd really have to piss someone off to get that to happen. And back when Atlum was around you'd never get away with it.

tl;dr
You can either go full stop WoW, or full stop EVE. Both grind your subscription, your argument is irrelevant. There is no pick and choose because in the end something bad happens and people quit. That's why I said it matters that they come back. The game loses customers. Better a constant stream of people coming back instead of leaving when they learn how to power through the game. SS is not a game to power through, it can be done very quickly, without the risk factor there isn't actually all that much to SS.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

You are encouraged to put your eggs in one basket because Stasis Generators protect against explosions. But there have been people who end up with slaves that had their gens unequipped by the server or for whatever unexplained reason.

The admin response?
Time to get another 100b Scrupling, Customer.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Tbh, I always found slave stasis gens to be a contrived mechanic. Any time a player dies in a ship, it goes into stasis. So why don't slaves?

It's only real purpose is to make players spend extra credits to make slaves. So just do away with slave gens entirely and implement the credit cost elsewhere.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I wouldn't say it's contrived since AI ships don't go into stasis. If anything it's contrived that player ships do! But in terms of a mechanic I wouldn't say it brings anything to the game.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 pm