It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Cpt Lunarion
Level: 1801
Class: Engineer

Post Re: reduce the "acheivements!" aspect and emphasise teamwork.
Can someone do me a favour and write a tl;dr for this entire suggestion thread :P

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
the players are not just bitching about nothing

yes they are.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Arkainon wrote:
Can someone do me a favour and write a tl;dr for this entire suggestion thread :P

This is as much tl;dr as I can condense.

1. Reduce techs to make endgame seem more reachable.

2. Balance classes for solo play, team play, early level, mid level, and end level, and increase total amounts of class supported designs.

3. Discourage the really small teams, increase teamwork requirements of bosses/AI, and vastly reduce the need to sit still and shoot for a long time on auto-fire.

4. Discourage colony camping with lower income per colony and income fluctuation based on random daily events.

5. Increase Daily/Hourly/Weekly missions for random jobs, increase rewards for completing missions in a group. Increase respawn of roaming ubers (Theres one with a 14day respawn time still), increase the droprate of droptable items for roaming ubers. Also randomize the galaxy in which roaming ubers spawn from each time.

6. Make Ubers Ubers. Use effects, super items, boss scripting, and shouts to make Ubers really stand out instead of being 'normal AI's with a droptable of specific items'.

7. Encourage non-war conflicts by rapid de-aggro system, a finished repair system with cost based on the ship itself being damaged, and instant transfer (creation, enemy will lose money to balance it when he repairs) of money when person is killed.

Reduce the impact of large teams annihilating smaller teams with bvb (as soon as zeph dropped their kits, THC lost their gal, period). Both sides have to work at killing each other. Tweaks should not be usable on bases.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Max235 wrote:
Arkainon wrote:

This is as much tl;dr as I can condense.

1. Reduce techs to make endgame seem more reachable. from t1-21 to t1-t6

2. Balance classes for solo play, team play, early level, mid level, and end level, and increase total amounts of class supported designs. so obvious that pointing it out doesnt help.

3. Discourage the really small teams, increase teamwork requirements of bosses/AI, and vastly reduce the need to sit still and shoot for a long time on auto-fire. this was never part of my suggestion.

4. Discourage colony camping with lower income per colony and income fluctuation based on random daily events. this was not suggested either, the "massive amount of creds" would be less valuable as everything would decrease in price to more reasonable levels

a different cash sink method would need to be employed, such as imp seal type skills, and an "upgrade/benefit" system to allow teams to purchase "teamwide bonuses" that are temporary, and affect non combat things, like extraction rates, build times, build costs, etc

5. Increase Daily/Hourly/Weekly missions for random jobs, increase rewards for completing missions in a group. Increase respawn of roaming ubers (Theres one with a 14day respawn time still), increase the droprate of droptable items for roaming ubers. Also randomize the galaxy in which roaming ubers spawn from each time.

6. Make Ubers Ubers. Use effects, super items, boss scripting, and shouts to make Ubers really stand out instead of being 'normal AI's with a droptable of specific items'.

7. Encourage non-war conflicts by rapid de-aggro system, a finished repair system with cost based on the ship itself being damaged, and instant transfer (creation, enemy will lose money to balance it when he repairs) of money when person is killed.

Reduce the impact of large teams annihilating smaller teams with bvb (as soon as zeph dropped their kits, THC lost their gal, period). Both sides have to work at killing each other. Tweaks should not be usable on bases.

most of that isnt part of my suggestion.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:24 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Your suggestion is to make the game much more playable. The discussion changes to fit the need of the people involved. I listed as small as possible on changes that would make the game much more playable.

So what if they don't all fit your perfect world? Does it hurt you that much that there may be other people more concerned about a topic than you?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:39 am

Max235 wrote:
Your suggestion is to make the game much more playable. The discussion changes to fit the need of the people involved. I listed as small as possible on changes that would make the game much more playable.

So what if they don't all fit your perfect world? Does it hurt you that much that there may be other people more concerned about a topic than you?

i was just stating that the suggestions should not be considered as one group, but individually on their own merits

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

landswimmer wrote:
you have your own suggestion to fix an extremely similar problem, and yet you deny that the problem even exists?

I'm not aware that I've denied anything except your delusional notion that all content besides endgame PvP is worthless.

I'm going to stop visiting this thread, because no admins read past the first post I suspect for this reason: You're suggesting throwing out the entire system and starting from scratch.
1) that's too much work
2) that's not necessary
3) that would alienate the few players who didn't quit when C2 came out.

Try suggesting something less extreme in the future.

About the advertisements: I really havent seen most of them so couldn't say for sure, but the things listed in the description of the trailer Jeff posted a few weeks back doesnt include PvP, and everything else I did under level 100 in the first couple weeks of joining... and are easier to do now. So...

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Tbh, I think condensing the skill levels from 21 to around 6 could be pretty cool. So long as it is done correctly... (lets not kid ourselves here, it won't be done right.)

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 3813

If there is a player retention problem at mid-game, the reason, in my opinion, is simple.

Once you reach roughly df 100 dgs, you realize that every single dg is identical in every where.

You have 1-8 ai, 1 warp in, 1-2 warps out.

You are on a star field, maybe with a couple suns or planets.

And this is what it will be at df 200.

And df 300.

And df 400.

It will never change.

And then they realize that the game really, really, really wants them to do the dgs because it requires a lot of grinding.

The way dgs work needs to change massively and needs a much wider variety - a minimum of 5 different types of dgs - types meaning that they play in very different ways - would make a HUGE difference.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:38 am

Zekk wrote:
landswimmer wrote:
you have your own suggestion to fix an extremely similar problem, and yet you deny that the problem even exists?

I'm not aware that I've denied anything except your delusional notion that all content besides endgame PvP is worthless.

I'm going to stop visiting this thread, because no admins read past the first post I suspect for this reason: You're suggesting throwing out the entire system and starting from scratch.
1) that's too much work
2) that's not necessary
3) that would alienate the few players who didn't quit when C2 came out.

Try suggesting something less extreme in the future.

About the advertisements: I really havent seen most of them so couldn't say for sure, but the things listed in the description of the trailer Jeff posted a few weeks back doesnt include PvP, and everything else I did under level 100 in the first couple weeks of joining... and are easier to do now. So...

the reason you have the perception that i said everything other than endgame PvP is worthless, is because you didnt read the post. you skimmed it, looking for things you could attack, completely ignoring the explanations behind the generalised statements designed to convey an idea, rather than a specific "legally binding" course of action.

noone is asking you to be a part of this discussion. leave.

Lord Runningclam wrote:
If there is a player retention problem at mid-game, the reason, in my opinion, is simple.

Once you reach roughly df 100 dgs, you realize that every single dg is identical in every where.

You have 1-8 ai, 1 warp in, 1-2 warps out.

You are on a star field, maybe with a couple suns or planets.

And this is what it will be at df 200.

And df 300.

And df 400.

It will never change.

And then they realize that the game really, really, really wants them to do the dgs because it requires a lot of grinding.

The way dgs work needs to change massively and needs a much wider variety - a minimum of 5 different types of dgs - types meaning that they play in very different ways - would make a HUGE difference.

this is true. i did as much leveling as i could on roamer AI, because DG AI at the time gave shit loot and werent a challenge at all.

adding DGs which have different AI in the same level would be good, as would squads with a variety of AI, built to work together (like a DG level with 2 MF reavers, 2 MF picks and a wattage, etc. no more "8 of the same AI in every level")

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Rhys
Level: 2261

Lord Runningclam wrote:

Good point... Fairly sure I got bored after my first DG drop and as a result I haven't done much DGs since - except for level grinding.

Would like to see a creative revamp :P

As for PvP, well, ...

As for PvAI, fine as is, content that is actually difficult would solve a lot of the team-run situation. Welfare gear (cheap, but not too cheap and yet half decent but most importantly easy to obtain) could be considered if one wants to expedite the SS experience for noobs. Though to be fair, SS experience was a lot more fun when it was challenging, so not sure if that's in the best interest.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 am
Profile E-mail

yeah i dont think PvP should be changed, pretty much every major change since the engineer drone nerf has just made things worse

having more players at the endgame, doing PvP will make it much easier to balance, since it wont be dominated by veteran players who can work around their classes' issues

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail