It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Varyag [T21 HF].
I was looking at wikipedia on Berserker, and came across a few things that I thought would be useful to a zerk. However, I didn't think it'd be good for existing ships, as it'd push many into the realm of 'Brok3n'.

Both would/could easily be super items for one ship, which I feel would be better for solo content than group. But, that goes just the same way for the Wattage.

The item concepts are as following:
(Names can be changed)

1. Berserker Charge, an item that acts like a Submerger, but doesn't drop your vis. Instead, it flares hostility and vis up.

2. Mjollnir Replica, an item that warps the ship a short distance away and creates a shockwave impacting all enemies around the ship and pushing them away. It also increases RPS by a small amount.

Basically, the items make the ship all about charging head first into battle, blasting apart clumps of enemies to invigorate and shield the player from damage.

To get the most out of the ship, you need to be constantly moving and battling. You don't have to, but the supers encourage an active player on the other end of the computer able to to make split second decisions that also isn't MCing a shm.

As for the ship, something in between a Wattage/Lion and a Zebra/PWave would be neat.

Thu May 24, 2012 12:55 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Shavarath
Level: 2007
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Varyag [T21 HF].
Max235 wrote:
I was looking at wikipedia on Berserker, and came across a few things that I thought would be useful to a zerk. However, I didn't think it'd be good for existing ships, as it'd push many into the realm of 'Brok3n'.

Both would/could easily be super items for one ship, which I feel would be better for solo content than group. But, that goes just the same way for the Wattage.

The item concepts are as following:
(Names can be changed)

1. Berserker Charge, an item that acts like a Submerger, but doesn't drop your vis. Instead, it flares hostility and vis up.
A 1000 times yes, if you make it into a thrust/turn increase and max speed increase instead of AFTERBURNERS AWAY!

2. Mjollnir Replica, an item that warps the ship a short distance away and creates a shockwave impacting all enemies around the ship and pushing them away. It also increases RPS by a small amount.
Make this a AoE taunt! A 1000 times yes!

Basically, the items make the ship all about charging head first into battle, blasting apart clumps of enemies to invigorate and shield the player from damage.
Yes

To get the most out of the ship, you need to be constantly moving and battling. You don't have to, but the supers encourage an active player on the other end of the computer able to to make split second decisions that also isn't MCing a shm.
Remove this moving part, 99% of current content is done with the zerker (almost) never moving

As for the ship, something in between a Wattage/Lion and a Zebra/PWave would be neat.
Inbetween Wattage and Prawn?

Also, make the name Cerberus, make the blueprint drop off some Oly content and 49814389431894103 times yes.

Berserkers need a new T21 ship considering wattage is poop and Prawn is impossibru to get. Poseidon Wave is not a berserker ship, go away trolls.

Thu May 24, 2012 7:11 am
Profile E-mail

I figure that theres already too much Olympus Content already, which is why I used the name Varyag. It's the Latin form of Viking.

Berserkers are commonly associated with Vikings. There are other cultures with Berserkers, but if 99% of the time a person connects Berserker and Viking instead of Berserker and Aztec or Persian.

I also find that "Not moving" and "berserker class" just limits content. Does it mean that shms and engineers may have to turn around or shuffle a bit to keep the zerk alive? Yeah, but it means that more content can be added instead of tank and spank.

Content that require the zerk to dive out of the way because the boss sometimes shoots off a 10m damage bullet. Etc.

^ this is my next boss suggestion :p

Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

well id never though id say this but I FUCKING LOVE YOU. those ideas sound amazing. of course stats woldnt have to be shitty. i agree with tomalicious theyd have to make a new uber for this ship and i doubt they would make a new gal/system of gals for a t21 uber when they can just throw it in oly

VaporiZe!

Thu May 24, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
well id never though id say this but I FUCKING LOVE YOU. those ideas sound amazing. of course stats woldnt have to be shitty. i agree with tomalicious theyd have to make a new uber for this ship and i doubt they would make a new gal/system of gals for a t21 uber when they can just throw it in oly

So wheres James Watt's special galaxy? :p

Thu May 24, 2012 6:29 pm
Content Dev

Quote:

I do not like the name of the second item, but I like the ideas a lot. Not as inbuilts on a new ship though

Mon May 28, 2012 5:58 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Combustion
Level: 0
Class: None

We don't have too much oly shit, why does everyone keep saying that? More Oly ubers means more fun.

Mon May 28, 2012 8:02 am
Profile E-mail

s_m_w wrote:
I do not like the name of the second item, but I like the ideas a lot. Not as inbuilts on a new ship though

I wouldn't mind see more than one zerk ship with items like these, but I feel that one of them should have some beefed version because they're integral to the ship.

Also, I figured the name of Thor's hammer would go with the Norsemen, seeing how it is a Viking ship. And it's not some one-off ship like the Divine Wattage. How would you have two of Thor's hammer when theres only one...?

Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

Max235 wrote:
s_m_w wrote:

I wouldn't mind see more than one zerk ship with items like these, but I feel that one of them should have some beefed version because they're integral to the ship.

Also, I figured the name of Thor's hammer would go with the Norsemen, seeing how it is a Viking ship. And it's not some one-off ship like the Divine Wattage. How would you have two of Thor's hammer when theres only one...?

the same way there are 2 star sonatas even though there should've been one.

VaporiZe!

Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Thats totally different.

You're talking about the successor to something. Like how Microsoft Vista is the next OS after Microsoft XP.

I'm talking about two identical copies of a unique thing. Like how theres only one Excalibur in history and or mythology.

Mon May 28, 2012 9:19 pm