It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Post Re: Blue Raider and Earthforce Spy Hunter
Arkainon wrote:
Its been bumped a whole heap of times and you've gotten 1 signing and 2 pity(?) sign. It's not going to happen mate. 'Specially when you start spaming your own post.

Oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize that it's your decision. Also have you heard of bumping? If no dev replies to it then I consider it overlooked, so till then.

Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Very vague idea. Also doesn't seem possible without some coding (egad, work !) outside of the standard "Make spawners and ships" coding.

The Bipolar AI are similar to this suggestion except they're aggro to everything. I don't think it'd be easy enough to do what you said.

Loot is even more vague.

Imo, the suggestion is just too vague for anyone to want to do anything or see a need for. Redo the suggestion with easier-to-code ideas and a loottable/scripting that isn't as vague as "Some random junk thats seer locked"

Remember, the difficulty and or time consumption of the coding required, and the complexity of the scripting and AI's makes or breaks the suggestion.

Something that takes over a day's work or heavy testing to make sure it runs correctly is not likely to be added even if it was considered...within the next universe.

Try next year's time then for such projects.

Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Ok, what would u suggest then o church? If it were to be implemented what would u change?

Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

I would have Pirate Factions expanded to be the counterpart to nerfed Earthforce Capship Team. Players can take on missions that detail killing these AI's, but in general they would be given the "Don't fuck with me" tag. Teamed depending on faction (eg, Blue Pirates, Bonnet Pirates, Tempest Infidels, etc)

That solves the Blue part.

The Spy Hunter I'd rather see as a series of stealthy AI's of various levels for people with better radars to kill. You don't "have" to be a seer, but obviously seer gains the largest advantage against them.

Expanded Ghostship-family, Banshee-family, and Wingship-family.

Possibly a DG uber for each of the stealth families placed in a random dg in EF space.

Nothing aggro to each other to avoid complication and unneeded code. As well to push suggestion along faster.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Awesome ty church

Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Chuck a poll up with "do you like this suggestion" yes/no/maybe. then you can get an easy 1-click response

Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Visorak wrote:
So basically the suggestion is "More content," to which the answer is always "yes."

Teh Meo :)

Thu May 31, 2012 12:10 am

Madridista wrote:
Chuck a poll up with "do you like this suggestion" yes/no/maybe. then you can get an easy 1-click response

Doesn't seem worth it..

Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

I consider polls on posts quite pointless.

93578 wrote:
Oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize that it's your decision. Also have you heard of bumping? If no dev replies to it then I consider it overlooked, so till then.

I read every suggestion with no exception. I think I've mentioned before that the reason most posts don't get a response from me is simply that I have nothing to say.

I have nothing against bumping suggestions, but excessive bumping is really annoying and usually won't help to get your suggestion implemented. We judge suggestions by quality, not by amount of time on the first half of the first page

Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 am
Profile E-mail

s_m_w wrote:
I consider polls on posts quite pointless.

93578 wrote:

I read every suggestion with no exception. I think I've mentioned before that the reason most posts don't get a response from me is simply that I have nothing to say.

I have nothing against bumping suggestions, but excessive bumping is really annoying and usually won't help to get your suggestion implemented. We judge suggestions by quality, not by amount of time on the first half of the first page

I'm not saying that I wanted it implemented, I just wanted a view from someone such of your stature, that's all. I was just trying to put out there an idea for something for someone who wanted to be a seer at a low level, I'm sorry if the bumps were annoying and I will not be using bumps in future suggestions now that I know that they're all read.

Thu May 31, 2012 6:48 am
Profile E-mail