It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

Team: MAD+
Main: PieAvenger
Level: 142
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Energy Mechanics
It is widely known that in SS, conservation of energy is violated. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Ghosts
In the game, we are actually all ghosts. This is evident when we die and become a ghost, and are capable of returning to a ship indefinitely. Ghosts being able to incarnate at will would violate conservation of energy, so we must all stay ghosts, having special interfaces on our ships that take input from electric static. Since this static is not observed, it is subject to quantum laws and can be any input until the ship takes input from it. We ghosts, through unknown and "aetheric" (for lack of a better term) processes, are able to manipulate the static so that the outcome of the ship's movement comes out to what we desire it to. This probability manipulation can be utilized by our so-called "energy" banks.

Energy Banks
See, the fact is that our "energybanks" do not carry "energy" per say, they are actually Quantum Manipulation Machines, or QMMs. They amplify and store the ability of etheric beings to manipulate probability, called quantum flux, which can be used to change the probability of certain events happening. The energy regen is really the efficiency of charging the flux and the storage capacity is still the storage capacity. These can be used to manipulate causality, and will fit in with the sections on how weapons work, coming next.

Weapons
Weapons fire exotic matter, in either blob or beam form, which are prone to time travel. When you fire, a wormhole opens up and spits out your beam or projectile. On contact, the hull of the enemy ship breaks up, and after a bit the heat energy remaining on the ship goes back in time to become the projectile you fired earlier. Many of you will now see the connection from before: the Quantum Manipulation Machine uses its causality-changing power to create closed loop time wormholes to increase the probability of your weapons fire appearing to near-certainty. Messing with these carefully calibrated connections can damage equipment, hence the failure of overloaders and such. Once the heat is gone, the structural damage on the ship stays. With all that energy going around though, how come only physical weapons push ships?

Engines
Problems with the weapons include the fact that anything with energy, as in things that can damage ships, also carry momentum. How come we never see ships move from non-physical weapons? Here is the answer. The momentum that should be apparent from the weapons, being part of the exotic matter, goes forward and backwards in time to power our engines. Our engines thrust and turn rates are based on how well they can capture this momentum. When we press the arrow keys or WASD, we are actually completing another closed loop, because as we all know momentum is conserved.

Shields
For our weaker-minded individuals, who it may not be obvious to, I have provided a section explaining how shields work. Shields drain from our pool of quantum flux and use it to create a barrier of exotic matter that sacrifices some of its integrity to send weapons fire back in time before it hits our ship.

FAQ

Q: You said "non-physical" weapons a lot in the section about weapons, what was that all about?
A: Physical weapons do not warp their momentum and rather use it in the time that they are produced

Q: What about parasites?
A: When parasites die, they go back in time to ride on your weapon. Exterminator-type weapons actually warp them back like shields do.

Q: This is stupid.
A: I would like to apologize to our more intellectually-minded players here, but many of these explanations are extremely simplified. There are many more complications to deal with, and if I had to post all of that and the formulae, then my post would look like a bunch of techno-babble gobbledygook.

Q: Why don't I go back in time when touching people's shields?
A: It only works on the exotic matter, and where would you warp back to anyway? The reason it works on weapons is because they already have a place to warp back to; you don't. Unless your mother was so large, you came out of a wormhole. Ohhhh, that burns doesn't it?

Q: The energy from your body is used in whatever way and violates conservation; OP is a fag.
A: Not applicable anymore

Q: Heat weapons depend on the heat to do damage! Taking away the heat would remove the damage!
A: The heat teleports back in time to become itself due to the protective shield, not harming the ship itself. The ship is not heated. The shield however loses integrity when doing this as explained earlier.

Q: Ship vulnerabilities!
A: Some materials may enhance/detract from the ability of nearby exotic matter shields to efficiently deflect (back in time) certain kinds of exotic matter projectiles.

Q: Where does the energy come from, if you use some thingummy to access it?
A: In real life, assuming time wormholes can exist, there is always a certain chance that a wormhole will open up and spit out a billiards ball and go in another wormhole, roll across the table, and go in another one to go back to where it started, just because it can happen. In this way, it never has a true origin yet exists, and doesn't need an energy source. This is unlikely, as the ball would have to remain exactly the same moving around and is more likely to happen with a proton or something. The machine increases the probability of your weapons fire appearing like this to close to 100%, causing it to (probably) happen. I made allusions to probability in the text, but never explained it so I am at fault there.

EDIT: Any questions for the FAQ are welcome.

EDIT2: tldr; energy has special stuff that makes weapons go back in time to create themselves

EDIT3: Revamped.

well, taken literally, their "jeans" should be tougher since they have to endure hard labour.trolls' advocate.

Last edited by glopso on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Post Re: Energy Mechanics
wtf?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail

That rainbow is teleporting between his hands using wormholes

well, taken literally, their "jeans" should be tougher since they have to endure hard labour.trolls' advocate.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 pm

The joke is that what spongebob is saying there is "imagination".

Basicly, what you're saying is that everything is powered by heat from our bodies and all this energy never goes away because it goes back in time?

May I point out that energy efficiency can only be 100%? You couldn't have high regen energy this way. You could warp the energy from your weapons back in time, I guess.

It works, sorta, but honestly if it really does happen this way... I'm gonna try taking some heat from Pillar of Light in Deep Space. I will be the master!

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Space Rats fling poop from their face.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:22 pm

No way. It has to be exotic matter poop! They use the microchips to control something or other...

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail

FAQ updated. Keep your nitpickings coming.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753
Class: Seer

Neba wrote:
wtf?

truly wtf.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Quote:
A: I would like to apologize to our more intellectually-minded players here, but many of these explanations are extremely simplified. There are many more complications to deal with, and if I had to post all of that and the formulae, then my post would look like a bunch of techno-babble gobbledygook.

Hit me with your best formulae, and while you're at it how about a screenshot of your advanced degree in particle physics. Nah, maybe I'm just giving you a hard time; I remember making stuff up like this when I was younger. But why act like you actually know anything about it, though?

Or maybe you're like this guy I met recently who looked me straight in the eye and said he was building a perpetual motion machine, using magnets. You just can't reason with some people.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 am

anilv wrote:

Or maybe you're like this guy I met recently who looked me straight in the eye and said he was building a perpetual motion machine, using magnets. You just can't reason with some people.

I have one of those
in my pants

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 am
Profile E-mail

Keep your nitpickings coming? >:D This will be fun... By the time I'm done your guide will be EPIC. (I already have 20+ things to talk about, I'll space them out)

Okay, the energy always comes back and the heat from your body is what causes this. Okay, fair enough. Odd but I can live with it, after all the bigger a hydroelectric dam is the more pressure or/and height there is. This in turn leads to greater efficiency per unit of water. (still great untapped potential due to the fact that if it can still rain above a dam, you haven't built it big enough, that aside...) That still leaves the "where does all this energy come from in the first place?". Am I right on that point? Plus, if heat doesn't generate energy then how do I get energy when my bank is nil?
I'll answer that with a simple "the energy comes back in time over time" or forward in time, whatever.
--
Energy regen is simply how fast energy can be received back into the ship across time. Otherwise energy could be absorbed via solar panels pumped into exotic matter to create a very high energy density mass which is then sent across time once it becomes too difficult to contain on board. This can be used as a reservoir of energy that is very intense and with 100% efficiency can grow to alarming amounts if one has access to exotic matter...

This is especially true if one uses this 100% efficiency with the energy to help it contain itself. However, the effect is limited to certain amounts as energy interferes with the structure of the ship, possibly destroying it or the energy device if it were to go unchecked.

Now, energy bank is not the energy sent across time. It is replenished at the maximum rate at which energy can be received from the time reservoir. However the bank itself is simply the amount that can be contained with the time reservoir within the energy device and ship without actually damaging the ship or the devices onboard. Needless to say, the effect could be improved with better control of the time reservoir. Less chaos and stronger structural integrity increases the possible energy.

If one were to ensure perfect control of the time reservoir one could achieve perfect containment with no effects on their ship or its subsystems. Not to mention this means that one could receive energy at an infinite rate or simply store the time reservoir in the here and now and use their 100% efficiency to devastating effects.

The steps to the most powerful ship ever known:
1. Create a calculation device out of exotic matter
2. Use a default control system to achieve and maintain this
3. Create a timecaster device to keep sending the default device through time to give it enough power to hold that calculation device together. This device can simply hold it in one place and does not need to do calculations.
4. Create a control device to do repairs without disruptions on the system.

Read, edit into your guide, pls.

~SkyTitan

might be a bad idea nvm

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am
Profile E-mail

anilv wrote:
Quote:

Hit me with your best formulae, and while you're at it how about a screenshot of your advanced degree in particle physics. Nah, maybe I'm just giving you a hard time; I remember making stuff up like this when I was younger. But why act like you actually know anything about it, though?

If I showed you the formulae you'd think it was bs. Don't insist on it, I know you're just waiting to call it gay or something.

SkyTitan wrote:
Keep your nitpickings coming? >:D This will be fun... By the time I'm done your guide will be EPIC. (I already have 20+ things to talk about, I'll space them out)

Okay, the energy always comes back and the heat from your body is what causes this. Okay, fair enough. Odd but I can live with it, after all the bigger a hydroelectric dam is the more pressure or/and height there is. This in turn leads to greater efficiency per unit of water. (still great untapped potential due to the fact that if it can still rain above a dam, you haven't built it big enough, that aside...) That still leaves the "where does all this energy come from in the first place?". Am I right on that point? Plus, if heat doesn't generate energy then how do I get energy when my bank is nil?
I'll answer that with a simple "the energy comes back in time over time" or forward in time, whatever.
--
Energy regen is simply how fast energy can be received back into the ship across time. Otherwise energy could be absorbed via solar panels pumped into exotic matter to create a very high energy density mass which is then sent across time once it becomes too difficult to contain on board. This can be used as a reservoir of energy that is very intense and with 100% efficiency can grow to alarming amounts if one has access to exotic matter...

This is especially true if one uses this 100% efficiency with the energy to help it contain itself. However, the effect is limited to certain amounts as energy interferes with the structure of the ship, possibly destroying it or the energy device if it were to go unchecked.

Now, energy bank is not the energy sent across time. It is replenished at the maximum rate at which energy can be received from the time reservoir. However the bank itself is simply the amount that can be contained with the time reservoir within the energy device and ship without actually damaging the ship or the devices onboard. Needless to say, the effect could be improved with better control of the time reservoir. Less chaos and stronger structural integrity increases the possible energy.

If one were to ensure perfect control of the time reservoir one could achieve perfect containment with no effects on their ship or its subsystems. Not to mention this means that one could receive energy at an infinite rate or simply store the time reservoir in the here and now and use their 100% efficiency to devastating effects.

The steps to the most powerful ship ever known:
1. Create a calculation device out of exotic matter
2. Use a default control system to achieve and maintain this
3. Create a timecaster device to keep sending the default device through time to give it enough power to hold that calculation device together. This device can simply hold it in one place and does not need to do calculations.
4. Create a control device to do repairs without disruptions on the system.

Read, edit into your guide, pls.

~SkyTitan

Large Quote! :D

Getting relatively simple things like blobs or beams of energy to fire correctly is a delicate-enough process as is; having a calculation device go back in time for as long as you needed, and having it not change at all, is magnitudes lower in chance of happening than weapons fire traveling once, and would not be easy to raise the odds to an appreciable level.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Idiots.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

Should I just integrate the FAQ into the guide as possible? The FAQ might end up being longer than the guide.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:24 am