It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Team: TorchWood
Main: Tallon
Level: 2653
Class: Berserker

Post Tallon's Beserker PvP Guide.
Tallon's Berserker PvP Guide

Though it might be outdated now with all the Olympus ships coming in I thought i would give my guide on how to pvp as a berserker in a Lion.

1. Skills
In my opion the most important skills are your bar skills and your imp skills mostly your agility bar skills and your Might of Atlas imp skill though this can be expensive the extra agility is crucial when holding heavy gear. MoA and BT are also very important as they give you that burst DPS you need.

2. Gear
This is circumstantial depending on who you’re fighting. I myself like to have alot of shield bank, most times then not your shields will go down quicker then your energy in a pvp fight so a nice big shield bank and lots of resonating gear is a must Not giving away what gear i use but i can reach around 200k shield bank which has saved me in more cases then not. With alot of stealth class' good Passive radar is best such as a Modded Hawkeye this with some radar tweaks will give you some extra vision when dealing with snipers and Stealthy SDs.
PWI
one of the most important items you will ever need in pvp it has saved me so many times its worth every penny, using a PWI is a skill in itself and you must use it wisely not only can it fail but it drains alot of elec so use it sparingly, do not rely on it as a means of escape but only as a last resort. The PWI is also good for chasing enemies such as a running SD or a Berserker who has abit more range then you again i stress always leave enough energy in your bank to shoot.
Tractors
Tractors are another important factor when pvping this much like the PWI can be used as a means to escape or chase there are a few tractors you can use but i recommend the Ungodly Lust although it is very costly on energy it has one of if not the best pull. Others i can recommend are Reindeer Harness and Rhino Roar.
The Reindeer Harness is good for chasing slow Large ships with not using alot of elec you can use what energy you save to punch their large shields, Rhino Roar is a tractor with a very strong pull comparable to an Ungodly lust it is much more efficient with electricity usage but is also much larger in size this is hull space that could be used for tweaks or more weapons or larger pieces of gear that could help in more beneficial areas. When chasing an enemy with your tractor although it may seem obvious you be surprised how many people forget if you do not thrust while tractoring you will speed up and hit your top speed alot quicker giving you those extra few seconds to get some burst DPS in.

3. Weapons
Now this is where you make and break it as a good PvP berserker choosing what weapons to use against your opponent is critical choosing the wrong weapon can mean victory or defeat. Alot of berserkers when fighting other berserkers, or large shipped class' like to use Lion incinerators this is a very bad choice I will explain why.
Yes they do high DPS but at the cost of valuable shields going up against another berserker who knows what they are doing like myself i will win every time not only because my weapons do not do self damage but having a high shield bank along with Lion maul means that my DPS + your self damage will kill you faster then you can kill me, even with a shield monkey healing i will out DPS your damage.
My weapons of choice are as follows; for pvping against Berserkers Mercurian Designators x 5, Reach of Prometheus x5 and Primal Zebra Torpedo x1. Why the PZT you ask because if a berserker is using Lincins and have a healer i can use the PZT to push spin and turn either the berserker so he does not hit with the Lincins or the Shield monkey so the berserker does not receive heals. When fighting SDs i will use Kilkale Mzungu Warfares the long range high DPS and the RoF i get from my Augs and skills means i can burst them to 0 shields within a few seconds. For other class' i will let you work that out.

4. Augmenters
In way of augs mine maybe out dated now but they still pack a punch the Augs i use are 1 Emp and 1 Combined Aspect of the Lion this give resistance to damage high damage and RoF as well as much needed range.

This is a basic guide to pvping as a berserker if you want a more in-depth guide such as tactics, Strategies and fighting against other class' that i have not mentioned feel free to forum pm me or in game and i will answer as best i can.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Tallon's Beserker PvP Guide.
Nice. Tallon is one of the best zerks in game.

My two cents:

Lot of what you can't handle normally as a zerk (sd sniper fights ie) come down to range range pwi and tweaking right.

Max zofr, carry an os4 and os5 at very least, and tons of tweaks primarily : adv blockers and all dos tweaks. I love 2 emp augging. Kmws are a must for range and killing monks. At least one heat wep to give low vis sds seers +vis. OR some slave or friends help there works.

(Lion still owns over wattage in pvp btw tallon. Hard to beat the lion maul and wattage sucks to rad. Mmm, Awc is hard to beat, but beatable)

Slaves are undervalued immensely in pvp for zerks. Talon taught me some secrets I won't share.

Etc, awesome guide! Welcome back.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

Nice guide, should help a few nooby zerkers out there :D

The only thing is that PWI (like other items now) has to charge up before you can use them ;)

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm
Profile E-mail

goett wrote:
Nice. Tallon is one of the best zerks in game.

My two cents:

Lot of what you can't handle normally as a zerk (sd sniper fights ie) come down to range range pwi and tweaking right.

Max zofr, carry an os4 and os5 at very least, and tons of tweaks primarily : adv blockers and all dos tweaks. I love 2 emp augging. Kmws are a must for range and killing monks. At least one heat wep to give low vis sds seers +vis. OR some slave or friends help there works.

(Lion still owns over wattage in pvp btw tallon. Hard to beat the lion maul and wattage sucks to rad. Mmm, Awc is hard to beat, but beatable)

Slaves are undervalued immensely in pvp for zerks. Talon taught me some secrets I won't share.

Etc, awesome guide! Welcome back.

Only thing i would say there ZoFR only doubles the weapons base range so to max it would be a waste of SP with RoPS 64 in ZoFR will give you max range from the skill.

2 emp augging also will give you the range advantage but you will find your self out of elec alot especially fighting FCs/monks especially using KMWs unless you have an egineer on you at all times, i did look into slaves a few times and i do have some but to me they are a liabilty just a waste of GG and during a gal assult you then have to pay for a tow.

VatFF wrote:
Nice guide, should help a few nooby zerkers out there :D

The only thing is that PWI (like other items now) has to charge up before you can use them ;)

yes i noticed this a few days ago when i logged on and had a mess about.
again the idea of using a pwi as a last resort will be even more of a factor.

Tallon

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

the UL is also extremely small, good for when you lack hullspace but still need a tractor (using lincins without a tractor is pointless, and with lincins you'll only have enough hull for a UL)

a gremcannon is almost essential when fighting other zerks (this will force them to use their tractors to get near you, and will waste their elec, i cannot overstate how powerful a gremcannon can be against a zerk)

the only other main thing is that tweaks arent really mentioned much are tweaks, which imo are the most essential part of the class... unfortunately... (everyone already uses them, so you can either use them too, or carry lots of GG and be prepared to die alot... bitching about something that is retardedly unfair and game breaking wont protect you from the people who use it)

going into a fight without tweaks, against someone who does have tweaks, is suicide

if you dont have tweaks, dont even bother trying (funny how tweaks have more of an impact on the game than setups, ships, or even skill... and by "funny" i mean "retarded and game defeating"... why build a nice ship, when you can just build a mediocre one and rely on tweaks to win?... but as they say, adapt or die)

going into a fight without tweaks is like going without ammo

a short list of essentials :

adv blockers (the last line of defence against lincins, guaranteed to make your opponent want to find out where you live and burn your fucking house down)
PPGTs (mauls recharge slow, and not everyone has a lion)
Ace in a pill (1/2/3) tweaks (absolutely essential for fighting, without these you're a brick floating in space, helpless. dont even undock without them)
grav disruptors (you need these regardless of what class you are)

there are others, but this isnt a comprehensive guide

you also need the NT skill maxed, or at least very high, as the skill doubles the power of any tweak you use if maxed, and pretty much everyone already has it too

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Id rather use other grem weps instead of a grem cannon, there are some that are so much more sexier :)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 am

landswimmer wrote:
the UL is also extremely small, good for when you lack hullspace but still need a tractor (using lincins without a tractor is pointless, and with lincins you'll only have enough hull for a UL)

a gremcannon is almost essential when fighting other zerks (this will force them to use their tractors to get near you, and will waste their elec, i cannot overstate how powerful a gremcannon can be against a zerk)

the only other main thing is that tweaks arent really mentioned much are tweaks, which imo are the most essential part of the class... unfortunately... (everyone already uses them, so you can either use them too, or carry lots of GG and be prepared to die alot... bitching about something that is retardedly unfair and game breaking wont protect you from the people who use it)

going into a fight without tweaks, against someone who does have tweaks, is suicide

if you dont have tweaks, dont even bother trying (funny how tweaks have more of an impact on the game than setups, ships, or even skill... and by "funny" i mean "retarded and game defeating"... why build a nice ship, when you can just build a mediocre one and rely on tweaks to win?... but as they say, adapt or die)

going into a fight without tweaks is like going without ammo

a short list of essentials :

adv blockers (the last line of defence against lincins, guaranteed to make your opponent want to find out where you live and burn your fucking house down)
PPGTs (mauls recharge slow, and not everyone has a lion)
Ace in a pill (1/2/3) tweaks (absolutely essential for fighting, without these you're a brick floating in space, helpless. dont even undock without them)
grav disruptors (you need these regardless of what class you are)

there are others, but this isnt a comprehensive guide

you also need the NT skill maxed, or at least very high, as the skill doubles the power of any tweak you use if maxed, and pretty much everyone already has it too

All things that are useful but not essential gremcannon is almost useless against a good zerk especially one that has full tracking weapons like RoPs and again i use a Primal zebra torp which is 1 smaller 2 actually does damage and 3 still grems
Tweaks again not essential if you ave packed your hull with as much gear as you can your going to have very little room for tweaks if you must crayy tweaks then the most important tweaks i would say are Radar Swifty-spry grav blockers and Energy tweaks.
Ace in te pill if you need to use one of these then your playing the class wrong.
I agree you need NT50 as this will boost your maul.

I can not stress enough Lincins in a pvp fight is terrible and should never be used.

Tallon

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Lincins in PvP = You doing your opponents' job for them.

All the opponent has to do in that situation is separate you from your monk, or kill your monk, and then you might as well be sitting on the field in a thatch for all the good lincins will be doing you.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:41 am
Profile E-mail

Thank you as shawn knows i proved it time and time again while at war with LC i without a monk could kill zerker while he used a monk before i got to 1/2 health.

Tallon

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Gaffa
Level: 2792

The main point i would point out when talking about pvp zerker is to be a good pvper you have to aug strictly for pvp. Obvious duh but still a lot of pve zerkers try and pvp and wonder why they get facerolled.

Also just because everyone uses an item doesnt make it the best item that can be used. Not a lot of SS have more than a spoonful of originality but if you can look at what else there is other than the obvious then you may find something that suits certain situations much better than what you are currently using.

Also slaves for sponging. Doesnt sound like a lot but crappy slaves u dont care about with low tech gg can often mitigate a lot of dmg.

Main main MAIN rule to pvping as a zerker. Always have a beer in hand, makes u much better!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Gaffateip wrote:
The main point i would point out when talking about pvp zerker is to be a good pvper you have to aug strictly for pvp. Obvious duh but still a lot of pve zerkers try and pvp and wonder why they get facerolled.

Also just because everyone uses an item doesnt make it the best item that can be used. Not a lot of SS have more than a spoonful of originality but if you can look at what else there is other than the obvious then you may find something that suits certain situations much better than what you are currently using.

Also slaves for sponging. Doesnt sound like a lot but crappy slaves u dont care about with low tech gg can often mitigate a lot of dmg.

Main main MAIN rule to pvping as a zerker. Always have a beer in hand, makes u much better!

Completely agree 100%

Tallon

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254

Fear my Prawn! :)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:44 pm