It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: Tobold Lygo
Level: 2201
Class: Gunner

Post TL's guide to Levelling Alts Fast
Absolutely minimalistic and linear approach to levelling alts the fastest way:

This guide suggests a fastest possible way to level up an alt, disregarding pretty much 99% of Star Sonata's complexity. It's straightforward, linear, broken, and assumes you already have a p2p main, preferrably a Fleet Commander, or a FC buddy to help you with getting wild slaves. It will NOT work for a fresh player unless they have a substantial assistance from someone who has been in game for a while.

1. Okay. You're a zebu with a stupid name. Shoot diseased AIs / diseased broodship till you get level 3, which will allow you to enter The Nexus.

2. Once you get to the nexus, transfer some dough to your piss poor alt, buy a volcom and put 2-3 basic overloaders on it, and go to tunnels and droppings -> pellets and waste DG to kill rats with your funky ioncannon.

3. It is imperative that you spend your skill points on nothing but:
Weaponry 3
Shield 3
Engine 3
Radar 3
Piloting 3
Electrical Engineering 3

The combined cost of the above is 36 skill points, therefore, you will be able to achieve it at level 8. However, to make what I have in mind for you work, you will also need 6 free skill points for Remote Control 2 and 10 skill points for warp 1 to get RC at all. Summing up, 52 skill points needed, which means we start powerlevelling @ lvl 11.

4. Get skills from (3), buy a cadet / a paximinus, get a blue aether to train Warp1 @ Sol and 2 blue whispers to train RC2 at lavanite, and have your RadX FC buddy transfer you your first zobitan, which is cappable in paximinus. Now, that multifiring pax will be your main DPs for several levels, luckily- it's quite resistant and sturdy (although runs out of elec fast). Take this pax for a ride to Deep Space, and with its help kill 8 lvl AIs till you get lvl 13.

5. At level 13, get 4 more levels of RC (blue aethers get you RC4 in Glass Matrix, blue vapors - RC6 in Prism) and become an owner of 2 more zobitan slaves. This is as far as it goes about RC without traginium / warp3. Now keep killing lvl14 fly AIs in Deep Space if you feel like it, or boldly go to Blue Outpost to pewpew lvl19 space blue alpha scouts (watch out for a roaming earthforce patrol which will shoot you on sight, preferrably kill it with your main to have several minutes of peace in blue outpost).

6. At level 18, obtain 8 traginium, leave your zobitans in Sol at the sun ordered to guard area, and fly to Serpica to train Remote Control 14. get back and recieve 4 more zobs. W00t. now you are a 18 lvl cadet/pax with 7 multifiring slaves that deal eth laser / fire damage. Level to 21 and go to Sol to open a "Specialization" mission, which will take you to Lyceum and introduce you to the FC paradise.

6b. optionally, get back to blue outpost as a no-classer, and this time you might be even able to kill the cadets and enforcer with your pax army. Remember to warp out if you notice the firing rate on your zobs decrease- without RadX FC skill they really run out of elec fast. Killing blue ships in blue outpost should get you to level 30-35 in no time, but at level 21 you might want to go to Lyceum and train the sacred art of Fleet Focus, Fleet commander, and at least 1 level of Radiation Expert. (vide 6.) Each level of RadX gives a noticeable boost to your wild slaves in almost every aspect, and to have them recalculated to new, improved stats you simply need to transfer them to a trusted buddy and have them transferred back to you (or make a f2p on a separate account and multiclient him as a zobitan storage / stat recalc help when needed).

7. If you've done it by the book, you should have spent 88 skill points on non-class skills only. That means, at level 38 you can develop Fleet Focus, Fleet Commander and Radiation Expert to 6. 6 should be enough to survive in this place that really should be wtf nerfed like Hyperion. It's name is Protoplasmica.

8. Retransfer your slaves to make sure their stats match your current RadX level, go to Protoplasmica gate, and log on your main to clear it because those 4 goblins inside might just be a lil bit too much for your 6radX zobs. Once it's clear, relog and enter.

9. Position yourself roughly half way between the warps, a bit closer to the exit from Proto. This will be the place where those turning goblins (yes, they turn around once too far from the entrance to Proto2) shoot 1 torp at you, aggroing all zobs. If you get shot with lasers too, means you are sitting too close to the entrance and neet to move northwest. Do it right, and you can just go get a book or turn your TV on, just remember to press a key at least once an hour to avoid logout.

10. At level 90 this gets a little slow, and at lvl 110-120 becomes time-inefficient. But level 100 should be enough to go do Rumble for piloting 10, get engine 10 in some DF70 station and go buy an Earthforce Frigate in Beta Antares. Everyone loves an Earthforce Frigate.

11. If you feel like being a FC for some time, go train equipment 10 for a FC aura that will considerably boost damage on your zobs (obtainable in Lyceum). If you feel you really hate slaves but would like to level fast nevertheless, go train equipment 10 :P, reclass to Gunner, and buy 4 t10 Broadsword Misslie launchers in Hyperion (they stack, improving missile launch speed). EFF can easily be a useful ship till lvl 250, when you might want to switch to an Earthforce Battlecruiser. FC RadX Zobitans tend to become obsolete fast, and basils kill them easily, so I suggest going for gunner at 130-140. Slam 2x Hermes or Hermes+ on your frig to make it fast and recharge shields better, focus on Fleet Focus+Gunner+Missile Mastery only, make sure to have some Small AP MkIII factories running on your base, and convert those crates into a glittering stream of debris and coins left by dying parsleys, basils, rosemaries and slumberchromes. Owning a DG full of rosemaries at level 150 is so much overkill fun, that you won't miss your slaves to much :)

12. PS. Missiles are dumb. Or rather, WTF Dumb. AND you can only control 3 max. Therefore, EFF gunner levelling only works fast when you keep your prey 70-100 units behind you, letting it chase you while you spam multiple missiles per second at it. That's called short-range kiting.

Kiting:

rosie, missiles, you pumping hotkey, direction of movement

^ Do that and you will win.

And leave your weaponry skill @ lvl 3. Who cares. You have missiles.

This guide might grow if questions or suggestions appear. In any case, concepts presented here are open to debate and criticism!

Enjoy your levelling,
TL

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: Abdum The Great
Level: 2281
Class: Berserker

Post Re: TL's guide to Levelling Alts Fast
impressive, but there is better and easier way to get to lvl 100. Get P5, Shield+EE 1, Eq 4, DM 1 and DD 5 and kill Proto with 4 Arsons with MCing ShM or DM with charge drone.

Abdum

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: Tobold Lygo
Level: 2201

Thanks. I agree there are many faster ways of levelling, but like you said - they involve multi-clienting, and I wanted this to work for solo players. Besides, this guide is outdated as nexus AIs can no longer become wild slaves.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:42 am
Profile E-mail
Product Manager

Team: Admins
Main: MrDNA
Level: 48
Class: Berserker

Nice Guide!

Thanks for putting it up.

MrDNA

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

yup very nice.

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: (+1) Revolutionaries
Main: Choclate Ice Cream
Level: 356

still usable?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

You no longer need engines 10 to use an EFF. Might wanna add that to your guide.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Team: (+1) Revolutionaries
Main: Choclate Ice Cream
Level: 356

Demiser of D wrote:
You no longer need engines 10 to use an EFF. Might wanna add that to your guide.

since when? it has a inbuilt t10 engine so you need to have t10 in engines >.>

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

yes u do :O

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Class: None

:roll:

Try it out and see. That i'm right.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Team: Resurgence
Main: genius1
Level: 1955
Class: Fleet Commander

he is right. you dont need engines 10 unless you make it a slave. are zobies still cappable? :?

Attack with more than one person? You've got a team full of wastes of oxygen like yourself.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

zobitans cant leave through deep space because of the no slaves rule. lol

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 am

Main: MathNerd
Level: 1428
Class: Shield Monkey

Katherine wrote:

Call me crazy, but i just had my EFF slaves in nexus
:shock:

/war Eminence Front :mrgreen:

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRIAN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Uber Noobers
Main: catz
Class: Shield Monkey

sinewave v2 wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Call me crazy, but i just had my EFF slaves in nexus
:shock:

alot of other ppl do aswell

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:29 am
Profile E-mail

Team: MAD+
Main: B3b0p
Level: 251
Class: Fleet Commander

This looks legit, it would be great if you made a rough guide for fresh P2P characters xD

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:21 am
Profile E-mail