It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: External Ablative Armor build time is totally messed up
Visorak wrote:

I really don't see how multibuilding 100 is different than building 100 one at a time. If you just remove the multibuild discount for ablatives(if they even have one), there should be no problem with allowing a normal workforce.

The current BP only allows one build at a time.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Bonecrusher wrote:
HEY RETARD DEV!

Quit FUCKING with things that you don't understand!

IF you really need advice on this then IN the future make it so the F'ing things are built directly onto the F'ing BASE and set a limit on the number that a base can build based on the base's tech level, and once the maximum EAAs are built for that base have the info box's print and the BP in the construction list turn grey and when a player clicks on the greyed out line they'er told the no more of this item can be built on this base.. (As it is NOW they pop out of construction just like any other dampener that you need to equip.)

In the mean time I want the 250 that I started to pop out finished NOW! So I can put them on my bases. (There is nothing in the current build info that restricts the moving of the EAAs from one base to another.)

Your ability to grasp irony and humour is low. I've not touched the BP, nor has anyone else since about a year ago.

It's always been like that. Anyone thinking straight would realise that stacking 250 of them from a single build using 96k workers would be a stupid design.

Now, since you've played the rude customer card, and sent some rather insulting complaint tickets, insulting me personally, even though it was Jeff who made this content, let's look at the code - which hasn't been changed since it was put into the game.

Code:
  <BASE class="blueprint">
    <INIT>
      <NAME>External Ablative Armor Blueprint</NAME>
      <RARITY>common</RARITY>
      <DESCRIPTION>Graft some armor onto your base.  85% resists, 100 soak.</DESCRIPTION>
      <COST>1000000</COST>
      <WEIGHT>100</WEIGHT>
      <SPACE>1</SPACE>
      <TYPE>common</TYPE>
    </INIT>
    <VALUES>
      <TECHLEVEL>9</TECHLEVEL>
      <METAL>0</METAL>
      <MANHOURS>216000</MANHOURS>
      <MAXWORKERS>100</MAXWORKERS>
      <COSTINITIAL>0</COSTINITIAL>
      <COSTPERIODIC>5000000</COSTPERIODIC>
      <BLUEPRINTITEM>External Ablative Armor</BLUEPRINTITEM>
      <RESOURCES>
        <ITEM name="Volitile Energy Diffuser" quantity="1" noDiscount="yes" />
        <ITEM name="Volitile Laser Diffuser" quantity="1" noDiscount="yes" />
      </RESOURCES>
      <PERIODICRESOURCES>
        <ITEM name="Nuclear Waste" quantity="2500" />
        <ITEM name="Metals" quantity="2500" />
      </PERIODICRESOURCES>
      <FORCEEQUIP>true</FORCEEQUIP>
      <UNIQUEBUILD>true</UNIQUEBUILD>
    </VALUES>
  </BASE>

Hmm, let's do that again:

Code:

So. Make a bug report, and please. Hush the mother goose up, before you have a hernia.

Bonecrusher wrote:
In the mean time I want the 250 that I started to pop out finished NOW! So I can put them on my bases. (There is nothing in the current build info that restricts the moving of the EAAs from one base to another.)

Actually, no.

Since the build was a bug, expect to be able to produce a single one on your base immediately. We shall fix the build so you can't produce multiples at a time, and alter the description accordingly for next patch.

/Thread.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Bonecrusher wrote:
HEY RETARD DEV!

So you can move ablatives inbetween bases now? Interesting.

Teh Meo :)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm

ELITE wrote:

It's a bug: you're quite clearly only supposed to be able to build a single armor / base, and only have one equipped. That one being the one you built.

If people have been abusing this, it's rather sad. One base: one ablative armor, auto-equipped. It's very simple.

I'll ask someone to go around making sure all bases only have 1 equipped, so everyone who abused this bug doesn't profit from it.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
ELITE wrote:

It's a bug: you're quite clearly only supposed to be able to build a single armor / base, and only have one equipped. That one being the one you built..

What are you talking about ABUSE??? Clearly the game allows multiple EAAs to be equipped and has from day one. In Traders' base build guides we even specify that a minimum of 20 of these buggers be used on each base.

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
If people have been abusing this, it's rather sad. One base: one ablative armor, auto-equipped. It's very simple.

The only thing sad is your misunderstanding of this game dynamic.

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
I'll ask someone to go around making sure all bases only have 1 equipped, so everyone who abused this bug doesn't profit from it.

I've got a better idea: Why don't you go pester EVE.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Bonecrusher wrote:
What are you talking about ABUSE??? Clearly the game allows multiple EAAs to be equipped and has from day one. In Traders' base build guides we even specify that a minimum of 20 of these buggers be used on each base.

Yes, if you build one at a time, not 250.

I'll state this slowly, since you obviously didn't understand the code:

Build starts: unique build. Means a single build at a time.

Finishes. Auto-equips.

Next build can be started.

Each build takes 216000/100 manhours. EACH TIME YOU BUILD A SINGLE ONE.

So, yes: you can put 20 on a base if you repeat the build 1+1+1+1+1+1 ... and take the time to do it. Building 250 at a time, and expecting to move them off base is abusing a bug.

Really, you're not good at this logic thing.

Code:

Bonecrusher wrote:
The only thing sad is your misunderstanding of this game dynamic.

What's sad is that people have been abusing an obvious bug, mass building and transporting ablatives off base instead of reporting it. Probably to help them win wars or some pathetic in-game advantage. You mention that Traders own advice says to abuse this bug?

Abusing bugs and not reporting them is game abuse, and will be treated as such. Glad you're admitting that, although since we're not playing EVE, you'll get to keep your bases.

Oh, and please. I write your damn game, I understand how the xml works far greater than you do. Quit the Boomer generation chip, it's old, tired and outdated. /yawn

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Can you equip 20 bps simultaneously and then build them in sequence that way?

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
Can you equip 20 bps simultaneously and then build them in sequence that way?

That shouldn't be possible, although the OP seems to have tried to abuse this.

We're looking into this at the moment; kinda depressing that players abuse the crap out of things, then insult us when their abuse means it can never be finished.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

There has been all kinds of talk about ablatives for years now. There is no way ye devmins haven't heard about this ablative problem before now.

:|

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

When I built bases, I'd make 50 ablatives at once and it'd take a week or 2. All got equipped at once. I feel like it's still the same.

Teh Meo :)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:21 pm

I built 20 on my Prod base and THEN needed to equip them. They were NOT auto equipped and as far as I remember they NEVER were.

As for your code snippit... who the fuck has access to it except devs? And you devs have a habit of being very closed mouthed about things like this. I.E., again NOTHING in the BP info notes about auto equipping or MAX builds.

And Aurora, keep your grimy paws totally away from my account.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

If Jeff_L lets AEM to do so, there is nothing you can do about it. You don't own that account. You rent the use to play on it from Jeff_L. And Jeff_L can terminate that rent and take the account away if he wants to.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

It will be fixed for next patch.

Note to the old & paranoid: I don't care about anything in-game, I merely care about how the mechanics work. I have zero interest in you as a "special snowflake". I have zero interest in your life story. I have zero interest in the long, convoluted and tragic tale of how your enemy abused said bug, so you did too. I have zero interest when you PM me with insults, accusations or drama. I have zero interest when you PM innocent people in-game, attempt to terrorise them over pixels and get them to cower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo-wkv8gW6k

I put a lot of time, effort and sweat into making 'cool stuff' that I hope you all enjoy. If something is broken: I will fix it. If something is unbalanced: I will nerf it. If something is unfair: I will add content to make it good. If something is suggested that is fun: I will make it.

This Uni you're getting, so far: 35 pirates missions; 120 bounty-hunter premium only missions; Gunner stuff; 9 new low-mid level ubers; 1 new zone. And whatever else I can imagine.

Frankly, I don't give a shit about your in-game actions, as long as: a) the game is fun and b) subscriptions rise.

The OP has a history of pathetic trolling to 'get his own way', and even then ignoring multi-content fixes that many others quickly realised were god-sends for content just because he either lacked the skill to do the content, or the smarts to see what I had built [Olympus - Planck Skein attractors ~ used by everyone with a brain MCing]. The fact he is unable to realise this says more about him than the dev team. His petulant stance is obvious, as his fumbling inability to understand the intarweb.

This content is not working as intended. It will be fixed. We will cull abuses. i.e. multi-equipped ablatives preventing BvB / PvB over the equation - <manhours for 1 install> / length of uni. Players can expect to see a radical change in their permanently equipped ablatives if they do not comply [e.g. +1000% mining damage / ablative].

Ablatives are horrendously powerful: it is clear that multi-equip + transferring them to other bases was a bug. They basically preclude BvB & PvB. As such, they will be shackled.

/Grow up.

I love it how a 'grown man' can so significantly mistake the way the world works. "Santorum".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=e ... WVxI6XZAuE

Oh, and ~ fuck yeah, graphics devs making an entire Pax line of new sprites + organics. Now, that's sexy.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
This content is not working as intended. It will be fixed. We will cull abuses.

They work exactly as explained in the BP notes. The only abuse is you mouthing off about the players doing something that they've always been able to do.

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
I love it how a 'grown man' can so significantly mistake the way the world works. "Santorum".

One moron quoting another ... BAH!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Bonecrusher wrote:

One moron quoting another ... BAH!

You'll never understand the irony, but yes, exactly my point.

Old men ranting and raving and trying to bend the world to their twisted and sad little will.

Head's up: this is the 21st Century, and your white privilege bleating is kinda boring. Especially as it's so rude.

"WAAA WAAA WAAA WAAA: WHY IS EVERYTHING NO LONGER GOING MY WAAAAY"

Try to behave live an actual human being, you might get a better response.

/inbeforethelock

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next