It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Alternate Tech 21 Skills Testing!
What will you be contributing to the run? Point being, if you are not the pinnacle of t20, you shouldn't have the ability to have t21, i thought that was the point of having a t21 anyway? It is supposed to be end game. What they are basically doing is creating a way for people to skip t20, and go straight to t21.

Although if the missions themselves are harder than doing Olympus for shards, then im all for it, but they have to be extremely difficult in my opinion. Reminding everyone that I am unbias, because non of my characters have any t21 skills completed, yet, I just need a few more zeus kills. :P

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Your not skipping t20, its not like getting your piloting from 3 to 4 when its just a click of a button, its still a fair bit of work, and yes at the moment t21 is endgame, but they've got to make it easier to get if they want to release t22 etc. otherwise only certain people/teams will move forward, with everyone else stuck, struggling to complete the missions to get t21.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Nevermind, I recant my previous statements lol

The missions are significantly slower than doing oly. 1 mission = 1 token, a number of tokens = 1 shard

Im okay with that hahaha

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: DHM
Level: 2754
Class: Engineer

i find it most entertaining how everyone is screaming that oly is fine and T21 should not be easy or available for others that easy

its all about ME ME ME ME,

the ones that say that are all filthy rich, and high level with the ability to get it all, and use Heph MAchines or + versions as fucking travel ships
we are only talking about the skill to be easier for others............ not the gear

i really dont see the problem why T21 skills should not become easier
myself for 1, i think doing oly runs for weeks after weeks is a stupid idea, i only got so much time during the week to be ABLE to do runs like that, and it be nice for the other possibility to get it

unlike lots of players, i play this game for fun, as a dirtraction of work
i dont have 10 hours per day during the week to play, and when i can play it sounds a bit silly to have to participate on oly runs just to get it

........just my thoughts about it

DHM

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 am
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

jeroen07008 wrote:
i play this game for fun, as a dirtraction of work
i dont have 10 hours per day during the week to play, and when i can play it sounds a bit silly to have to participate on oly runs just to get it

I agree with you there. I don't have the time to commit to constant oly runs and when I play SS I want to have fun, especially since I do a lot of work for SS behind the scenes.

As a player, I have personally taken two characters through Olympus. I piloted a friend's shield monkey for a good chunk of that character's skills while my main was pre T20. When I got tech 20 skills+gear on Bageese I took Bageese through Olympus, first with a zebra, then a lion. I know there are people out there who have done Olympus way more than I have, but the idea of going to do Olympus for 1-2 hours a day is just exhausting.

I love Col Legno's ideas for missions just because its similar to T20 in a way. For the most part in T20 you got your skills in a different zone than you got your T20 gear. Right now you get your T21 gear and your skills from the same zone which is squad oriented. For people who like to solo or two man content (like me) a way to get my skills without relying on a group of other people is amazing. I still need that group to help me get my gear but I can get my skills without relying on others and do it whenever I want to/have the time to.

And Col Legno explicitly made these missions take longer than if you were doing daily Olympus runs.

Now that I have sort of derailed let's get back on topic and test this stuff out! If you guys need any help on test just shoot me or Col Legno a PM.

Image Image

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:34 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: Resident Evil
Main: number666.5
Level: 1885
Class: Fleet Commander

i have talked to clam about oly runs, we had the same idea about it:
not worth the time for t21 skills.
that was also the main reason he is inactive

i have done a few missions and it seems to be nice, little complicated if you dont read the mission :D

s_m_w wrote:
Space Dragons! Because normal dragons are not awesome enough.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

What I think will be the key here, is the ability to log off during a mission and then log back on and continue from where you left.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Fruits
Level: 2157
Class: Fleet Commander

seanla4350 wrote:
What I think will be the key here, is the ability to log off during a mission and then log back on and continue from where you left.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail

With these missions, what sort of time are they expected to take? How long would it take to get a shard? And in extension a t21 skill?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:47 pm
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: Col Legno
Level: 0
Class: None

How long a mission takes will depend on which mission chain you're doing and what your playing style is. The last mission in each chain involves a roaming boss and will be harder and take longer (and give more rewards) than the rest of the chain.

You have the potential to get one shard per day if you complete a full chain. The missions are daily, so you can do one chain per day. Also keep in mind, you do not have to finish a mission chain. If you want to do 1 mission per day, it'll take you a while to get a shard, but you can do it.

Dusts are rewarded for individual missions and are neurobound, but you will be able to turn dusts into shard tokens as an alternative to shards. These will be sellable and buyable and will be used to buy cool prizes (which we're still looking for suggestions for). We're still discussing whether players will be able to buy shards with a certain amount of tokens or not. Player input is welcome about this as well.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Col Legno wrote:
These will be sellable and buyable and will be used to buy cool prizes (which we're still looking for suggestions for).

What sort of prizes are you thinking? Like t21 gear and stuff?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: yellow
Level: 1703
Class: Seer

Are any admins on test currently?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

trade-able shards :O?

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

so today i actually went on test and i have to say noone should say they are with or against this idea without trying it. i actually really enjoyed testing out ubers and found it a lot more entertaining doing these new ubers with 1 other person tops then sitting in oly for hours. so if you have yet to hop on test server do it now. also Col Legno is the coolest dude ever

VaporiZe!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:32 am
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
also Col Legno is the coolest dude ever

/signed

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next