It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

Post Alternate Tech 21 Skills Testing!
Col Legno has been hard at work working on a new way to get Tech 21 skills. It's a 1-2 man squad mission set for players in standard tech 20 setups, and, like Olympus can be done daily.

Right now we have to manually reset your mission (to give it the "Daily" mission effect) because the tag isn't working quite yet. So let us know in this thread when you need us to do that.
What we want to know (and what we want you to try and break) is:
* If you can start and complete the missions
* If you can solo or two man them in standard tech 20 setups.
* If the difficulty of the roaming AI and Mini-Bosses is too high or too low.

So, dust off those App Wards and Lions. It's time to break stuff!
Hop onto test.starsonata.com Port 3032 to give our new missions a shot! The missions start in Olympus Entrance. Post any constructive feedback, questions, and your experience with the missions below.

Image Image

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Support/PR Administrator

Main: Ananke

Post Re: Alternate Tech 21 Skills Testing!
Also I am currently on test right now and teleporting people to Olympus, giving them fuel, etc. If you're bored and want to test, hop on!

Image Image

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

i was going to test it out but i just found out that my berserker on test server is reeeeeally outdated. i'm a few hundred levels back and dont have any of the gear needed to test this so if you could update it that would be great

VaporiZe!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

We can't do a sync at this time, however if you're willing to hop on IRC:

http://02.chat.mibbit.com/#starsonata@i ... a.com:7777

Drop me a PM on there with what you're in need of and we'll see what we can do.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 1846
Class: Engineer

First of all, Roaming Hermes Ram has no graphic, the Roaming Stingray seems a bit easy to kill also. and Icepick spawn rate is way low, i can't find any around the oly entrance.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Main: Col Legno

Thanks for the input on the stingrays, I've edited their spawners to make more of them and have them swarm. I also beefed their shields and increased their RoF. I will keep playing with them until we have them hard enough to be a challenge but not impossible.

The visages for Hermes and the Rams are in and just awaiting a patch.

For the ice picks - Some of the ai you're supposed to kill or "cap" are normal ai spawns. You will need to range out farther from olympus to find them.

Some other things I've done (some of which may not appear until the next test patch):
I made the hull of the roaming ares warriors lighter - they were having thrust issues and flying off into nowhere.

I edited the missions so the only mission you can get initially is Discreet Reconnaisance. Only after you have this mission the other missions will appear.

I edited some of the spawners for the Keryx missions that weren't working earlier.

Thanks everyone who's helping to test! I hope you guys are having as much fun with this as I am.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

I don't like this idea at all, the mission better be hard as fuck.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

just curious. i enjoy the idea that we're being more accessible but why exactly is this needed? =P

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 1846
Class: Engineer

Do you let gunners go on Oly runs? I don't think so, so how am i supposed to get Tech 21 skills? Change my class? Once again.... I don't think so.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2079
Class: Speed Demon

red395 wrote:
Do you let gunners go on Oly runs? I don't think so, so how am i supposed to get Tech 21 skills? Change my class? Once again.... I don't think so.

Partly that....partly, as an SD I've gone to oly a few times, but I end up mostly either hanging out dead or feeling fairly ineffective compared to other classes. I've been on a lot of runs on my shm in which there are SDs, Seers, FCs, Gunners afk in travel ships. I don't know about all of them, but I'd much rather be actually playing.

-TG

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

also, would one be allowed to do these missions as well as an oly run in th same day?

VaporiZe!

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

All classes an help in a dred with class auras, which help the group out a lot.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:25 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Asmodeaan wrote:
just curious. i enjoy the idea that we're being more accessible but why exactly is this needed? =P

I assume they have more t21 content that is to come in, but need more players with t21 skills so t21 doesn't become an impossible goal for smaller teams and or become a more casual thing.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Eventually they plan on introducing tech 22 content. Right now the game is lopsided with a lot of people at the very low end, and a lot of people at the very high end. If they are to retain the mid level players and give them a chance to catch up and participate in the new high end content, they need to give them a way to get those skills in one or two man setups which are feasible for members of a small team.

This would also give an actual market for "starter" t21 ships. Seriously, how many people actually bought/built/used a delquad? I see AWCs, Wattages, PWaves, and Heph machines all over the place. But I hardly see anyone using a Delquad or a zebu titan. Granted, these ships are vastly inferior to olympus ships.

Also consider this. If it's now viable for every character you have to acquire t21 skills, they can also flesh out the entire t21 ship line and drone line with dedicated ships for base building and transport (think t21 version of dark freighter/emp behe), storage, ships made primarily for fast travel, perm drones, base kits and gear, etc. I don't think anyone would want to seriously grind out oly runs on 3 to 5 different characters just so their support focus char can use a t21 freighter, their other support focus character can deploy permanent t21 drones, and their EE can use some new t21 base kits with hull bonuses or some such.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 am

Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

skyfyre wrote:
Seriously, how many people actually bought/built/used a delquad? I see AWCs, Wattages, PWaves, and Heph machines all over the place. But I hardly see anyone using a Delquad or a zebu titan.

*Raises hand, I built a delquad, still need t21 to be able to use it though :/ And I thought that Zebu titans were just supposed to be a trophey ship, like the super phunka?

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next