It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: None
Main: Combustion
Level: 0
Class: None

Post Re: An interesting topic.
I love how you Wankers talk to him as if hes Lilith, he pretty much made you what you are today, he got you all that Oly shit you have been shagging for the past year, and you are chatting to him like hes some kind of idiot, I hope this isn't the way you talk to other people who give you stuff or your parents.

And I have stated this so many times, Bageese/Vooms job is "Support Manager", That basically means they have to do all the shit Jeff can't be bothered to do. And It seems they don't really give a rats arse when they should.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Bageese is but one support Admin. It's common knowledge that JeffL is working on mostly advertisement (in which the trailors stink), and that Voomy isn't as active as one would like.

I think a lot of problems are not fixed due to the lack of support admins available to help. It's unfair in my opinion to have one single person be a manager for some 600 people that may or may not at any time send tickets about problems they have.

But if the admin team ignores a point completely, especially like in Mr Stang's case, something is afoot. Whether it be corruption or lack of staff, something has to happen to solve the issue because of both internal and external image.

What game wants to be known as the game that doesn't care about its customers first?

On the notion of Admins/Devs revealing stats, I think it's a terrible thing for a game to have any team or person who can claim or is claimed to have admin help. It's alright to be friendly with some people who may or may not be admins, but it only hurts a game if something like this happens.

Any person accused of revealing stats or assisting a team in any way should, in my opinion, be investigated. This should not hurt the flow of the game by taking the only support admin out for the investigation process, so point one is key to success.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 am

Max235 wrote:
What game wants to be known as the game that doesn't care about its customers first? Star Sonata, if shit doesn't change. Won't be long before the New players, which is all they are interested in at the moment, realize what is going on.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Narcotic
Level: 3656
Class: Shield Monkey

Well yeah this goes on... Even i got a copy of oly item stats which apparently originated from SP when the zone went in and zero to little of those items were in game.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 am

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

For as long as jeff "hires" volunteers this is going to continue, all those volunteers have played the game at one point or another and they like the game just like us, but they also abuse the knowledge.

This has been going on for quite a few years, people know it but most dont and this post is about informing people that the whole SS team is a mess and corruption lies within.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 am
Profile E-mail

Bacchus wrote:
For as long as jeff "hires" volunteers this is going to continue, all those volunteers have played the game at one point or another and they like the game just like us, but they also abuse the knowledge.

This has been going on for quite a few years, people know it but most dont and this post is about informing people that the whole SS team is a mess and corruption lies within.

Since the admins recently have been bragging about how many new people are joining, Jeff should have enough money to hire real admins / devs by now, instead of relying on volunteers. One day he's gonna hire someone who will screw over the entire game.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: liquid death
Level: 2504
Class: Shield Monkey

not gana lie this dosn't look good for SBP.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

"The second misuse of power is something I have yet to see Jeff make a comment on. This goes to involving the player called FracOMac, who has powers which were misused on his developer account named The SI. During the Hermes leveling bug, many people abused the bug. Some made it to the top player list, where FracOMac's player character also is positioned. From several conversations with him in game he has made it clear that he wants to be one of the highest leveled people in the game one day."

I disagree with this one in quite an extreme way. In this, you are making a major assumption that Frac has alterior motives. These motives being that he wants to be a top player and thus only reverted the levels of those in direct competition with him.

I'm not sure how to put this other then the assumption is both stupid and without evidence. You pull out that fact that Frac wants to be a top player and use this as his motive for the reverting of levels. I can think of multiple reasons for Frac using his method. An example of which is to simply save time instead of trawling through logs for every player who gains more then 1 level in Hermes.

I also stated I wanted to be a top player. While your at it, why don't you accuse me of every single misfortune that has occured to any other player?

Tombustion wrote:
Since the admins recently have been bragging about how many new people are joining, Jeff should have enough money to hire real admins / devs by now, instead of relying on volunteers. One day he's gonna hire someone who will screw over the entire game.

Programmers in australia make an average of $74-100,000 a year. This comes down to $7500 a month. We have at least 10+ admins, so multiply that by 10 giving $75000. This would mean that the game needs to have made an extra $75000 per month from the transition between C1-->C2 to have the funds to pay for proper replacement admins. This suggests at least an extra 7500 subs. Admins have said that players have increased, but at no point did I see admins state that the increase was by 7500 paying members. Next time combustion, don't pull crap out of your ass.

And finally addressing Thermal again. Which admin was Shaft?

Last edited by zhuang281 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

zhuang281 wrote:
I also stated I wanted to be a top player. While your at it, why don't you accuse me of every single misfortune that has occured to any other player?

Not before he accuses me first!

Tbh, if theres such major gamebreaking bugs in the game that people exploit, there SHOULD be a rollback to revert anyone's levels that may or may not have benefited from the exploit.

That way, it will discourage people who play this game from doing anything stupid because their team, if they find out, will chew their heads off and leave them teamless.

What better way to eliminate exploiters (p2p exploiters) than ruining their time playing SS? They're obviously out to play unfairly, so we'll make it unfair to them when everything becomes unfair.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 am

FracOMac levelled in hermes also. He was lower level than me before I started levelling in hermes (2800), Now he is level 3100 - 3200, you don't level that fast from team director's exp. FracOMac was another player who shot up on the top players list during that week, yet his levels weren't removed? Why?

You are all forgetting that the difference in levels between 2500 - 4k is non-existant. You are all acting as if it was a huge thing. I am going to say this once and only once, and in bold so it stands out:The Hermes Levelling was not an exploit, those AIs were level 2600 and level 3200 on Test, they were made that level on purpose, the admins didn't use their brains when adding AIs of that level, no matter what you do, people will find ways of levelling on them, We used our initiative and decided to get some nice tasty levels, and then everyone yells YOU EXPLOITED A BUG!

I wanted to be a Top player also, and I got what I worked for, which was several hours of stress from Large Fires and got to level 3784, which is an achievement in my eyes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Tombustion on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Perhaps the levels he gained from actually levelling in hermes (If he did level at all), were removed. What is still on him are the levels gained by any director or counciller.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:49 am

Edited my post btw.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:51 am
Profile E-mail

FracOMac can have gained those levels from just being logged in constantly as he won't be kicked by any timer, which means he will get a lot of experience from the leadership tithe. Better revert those levels when it gets fixed and marked as an exploit of a bug. Because it is, isn't it?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Fugue
Level: 2775

I have been a strong opponent of having admins/ devs participating actively in teams due to a conflict of interest. However I find it rather peculiar that Thermal chose to complain about this well after he benefitted from it.

That being said I would love to see an active approach to separate people in positions of power from the actual game to promote neutrality and fair judgment.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:51 am
Profile E-mail

I don't see how it benefited me much. I have always been eager to do any newly released content, and I actually didn't level any alts from 1000 to 2000 in Hermes so I could benefit from that. The only benefit I get is that I am trying to put out a wake-up call for Jeff who obviously still is sitting in his little cave somewhere and eating skittles as if there were no concerns in his game.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next