It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

Post Re: An interesting topic.
that would be nice considering everyone remembers you as level 2.8k

VaporiZe!

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Combustion
Level: 0
Class: None

Predator1356 wrote:

THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO FUCKING SAY, THANK YOU PREDATOR LORD I FUCKING LOVE YOU. NOW I CAN ENJOY THE REST OF MY MOTHER FUCKING FRIDAY NIGHT.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile E-mail

erman wrote:
tl;dr this has been going on for the entire 7 years ive played, never going to stop. SBP stop asking for proof, makes you look desperate. I'm surprised this whole thing hasn't been deleted yet.

Yeah, I can agree with this - there has always been admin v player discussions/arguments/complaints about misuse of power/information/etc since I first joined in june 2005.

The player/dev thing is a problem which can't really be solved in a game of this size imo. I just wish we had more ambitious players outside of SBP so there was actually a challenge to their power.

Predator1356 wrote:

waiting for those logs to come out!

Team Thermal!

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 2907

erman wrote:
Couple things...

My exp tithe levels were all removed. So any argument about anyone keeping tithe levels is horseshit. Though I can easily see my being looked at very early in the process in determining who to revert based on my flag and past with some teams/admins. I personally don't care, but don't make it seem like the exp tithe levels are ok and were left on everyone's chars...they weren't.

Second. I can't believe they have left this up this long.

Third. Shit dude, this has gone on for as long as I've played this game. Its never going to change unless there is a dev team that does not play, which will never happen. Don't get bent out of shape over this kind of stuff. Just rest assured in the fact that you worked hard and played the game in stead of having it handed to you like some people who think their hot shit when they ace the test with the answer key next to them...

also, I think you are totally right in assuming that Jeff doesnt care. For the life of me, I can't figure out what he does with his day. He has said that this is his only job/source of income and that nothing else takes up his time. This blows me away with how long it takes for shit to get done and the long periods between improvements. And then when they happen, it sure as shit seems like Jey is doing it all.

I would love to know, just for curiosity sake, what jeff does all day. It would seem advantageous to him that SS be successful. and If my job was creating and cultivating a product that hasn't quite made it to the big time, I would bust my ass 12-16 hours a day to get it to where it should be. I could be way off, but it doesn't seem like thats whats happening.

SBP people, stop it, just stop it. all this banter about "you dont have proof" blah blah blah. You guys just look silly when you come on here and defend your team against accusations of being the admin team. I mean shit, the fact that Shaft actually got his powers taken away is kind of a big deal. That rarely happens.

I will genuinely be surprised if all this doesn't get deleted soon.

tl;dr this has been going on for the entire 7 years ive played, never going to stop. SBP stop asking for proof, makes you look desperate. I'm surprised this whole thing hasn't been deleted yet.

-ERMAN

This...

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

This just seems to me like unneccessary trouble seeking at a time where it is niether needed or warranted. As much as I love you Alex, I disagree that this was the right action to take.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I think it's perfectly reasonable for the misdoings of Shaft to be made public, especially as this confirms a number of idle allegations that had been made against SP in the past. It's also perfectly reasonable to have misgivings about content devs playing on some of the first squads to attempt their content, although I have no trouble believing that Frac did so in good faith and nothing inappropriate took place. The fact that he has now pledged to abstain from any of his future content until it's been done by others is a great step for a game with so many player-devs, and also validates the original concern.

So I'd say for at least two of his points, it was appropriate, even advisable, to bring them to the attention of the player base.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Tombustion wrote:
Quote:

Where did I say Frac was in the top 10? Open your eyes you pompous stuck up spasticated wanker. I am telling you, that he was around the same level as me before the Hermes leveling. After the Hermes leveling he was level 3100 - 3200, but while all of us lost our levels, he didn't. Want to know how? Because he was still sitting in the exact same place as he is now. You don't level from 2800 to 3200 from leeching exp from the team that quickly, it takes at least 1 and a half months for that to happen. I don't need to prove that he was level 2800 because you know damn well he was, many others know also, and I remember having an alt docked at an AI base, refreshing the top player list every 25 minutes to see if I had overtaken Captain Pants (Murasame), and FracOMac's name was also shooting up like a rocket. As for other admins backing him up, saying that he got rid of his levels, you clearly have never heard of a Lie before, which is rather shocking as you used to do that 24/7.

Careful. Wouldn't want to come off as dyslexic again would we? Infact, lets add the phrases "moronic" and "unable to analyse" to the mix. And before you call me a "pompous stuck up spasticated wanker" again, lets me just say that the difference between me and you is that my insults are based on fact whilst yours are based on testosterone.

1. I never said you stated that Frac was in the top 10. What I said was that the screeny OF the top 10 did not contain Frac's name and that the current top 10 did not have Fracs name. Hence me then saying don't use the screeny as part of your argument that Frac's levels were not removed.

2. You say that "FracOMac's name was also shooting up like a rocket." How does this have any bearing on whether or not his levels are removed? I never contested the point that Frac did not benefit from the levelling. What I did contest is your claim his levels were never removed.

3. 2800 by your count is a rough estimate. It has been already 1month since Frac stopped using the bug as per Bageeses community announcement. Add in also the XP he obtained in the week prior to that announcement from tithe (From people not levelling in Hermes). That is very close to your estimate of 2800-3200 in 1.5 months.

4. I do not hate the world and have no reason to assume everyone is lying, only the retarded ones. You say that the admins lie when they backed up Frac on his removal of levels. Yet you also want the admins to deal with this situation by a change of policies and a punishing of those involved. How can you possibly ask admins to do one thing, then accuse them of lying about something else? It seems that you only "believe" what suits you and call everything else a lie.

Predator1356 wrote:

Such a thing can be called a false memory. You did not have a clear memory of what Frac's level was. Perhaps he was level 3.3k. Perhaps he was level 2.8k. The moment Combustion mentioned that Frac was 2.8k, your brain took that as a memory of what actually happened. Read up on it.

"but the principle that memories can be altered by outside influences is overwhelmingly accepted by scientists"
^ Paterson, H. M., Kemp, R. I., & Forgas, J. P. (2010). "Co-witnesses, confederates, and conformity: The effects of discussion and delay on eyewitness memory.," Psychiatry, Psychology and Law.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 pm

anilv wrote:
usual enkelin waiting for both sides of the story and making balanced observations

enkelin is right, it should be public knowledge when this type of thing happens. SS also has a previous history of dev exploitation, it's not a new thing for this game, and players have a right to know they are in balanced competition with other players for key content.

zhuang281 wrote:
usual DP acting older than he is

Players have a right to question these things, and to expect answers to these questions regard player/dev exploitation.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 am
Profile E-mail

Madridista wrote:
anilv wrote:
usual enkelin waiting for both sides of the story and making balanced observations

enkelin is right, it should be public knowledge when this type of thing happens. SS also has a previous history of dev exploitation, it's not a new thing for this game, and players have a right to know they are in balanced competition with other players for key content.

zhuang281 wrote:
usual DP acting older than he is

Players have a right to question these things, and to expect answers to these questions regard player/dev exploitation.

Of course they have a right to question these things. But not to make outright accusations of FracOMac before they have any form of evidence.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 am

zhuang281 wrote:
Of course they have a right to question these things. But not to make outright accusations of FracOMac before they have any form of evidence.

That's just Tom's way of asking a question lol. Just filter out the rage/insults.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:25 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: Comandor_J
Level: 2331
Class: Engineer

A most interesting topic. 4/5 stars.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:34 am

zhuang281 wrote:
Tombustion wrote:
Quote:
[color=#00FF00]

Such a thing can be called a false memory. You did not have a clear memory of what Frac's level was. Perhaps he was level 3.3k. Perhaps he was level 2.8k. The moment Combustion mentioned that Frac was 2.8k, your brain took that as a memory of what actually happened. Read up on it.

No. i remember him as level 2800. comb just beat me to the punch about it. Frac said he would be willing to show logs proving his level so why don't you just let him do that rather than trying your best to make everyone around you feel retarted?

VaporiZe!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
Quote:
No. i remember him as level 2800.

This is how a false memory works I do believe. But sure, Frac should post some logs somehow.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:18 am

you claiming that i am having a false memory has the same validity in an argument as me saying that i remember level so i don't see how you can argue with me

VaporiZe!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:25 am
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
you claiming that i am having a false memory has the same validity in an argument as me saying that i remember level so i don't see how you can argue with me

But if you look at my original post which referred to your statement of "that would be nice considering everyone remembers you as level 2.8k." The chances of everyone believeing and remembering that Frac was 2.8k was close to nil. Hence me saying that if they did believe that, it would be a false memory.

I understand what you mean though.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next