It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: None
Main: Combustion
Level: 0
Class: None

Post Re: An interesting topic.
Dark Brotherhood wrote:

So I'll sum it up for you, since you obviously haven't had marketing or law classes during school. You pay for a product, when the product doesn't match what you expect, you stop paying. You do not pay to accept what you are given, when you are given something quite different than what you were promised. Do you have a problem with understanding what marketing, services and companies really is about Cygnus? No wonder they call you a troll, your logic is even worse than a five year old.

And when it comes to business, the customer is the most important thing. The Customer's opinion matters more than the Owner/creator. You give the customers what they want to see, and you make profit from it. Thats how it goes.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Usually within 24 hours. Why do we complain? Because the ticket that could have resolved a lot of this, took 6 days to get looked into. I would neither have made this topic, if it wouldn't have taken Bageese 7 days to respond again to my ticket in a proper way. This is a tendency many players see, hence why they choose to complain or stop paying for the game.

I also pay for a game where I expect to get help when I experience bugs. I was excluded from Infernal Darkness for two weeks, before I got help to manually add the mission. That means I was excluded from gameplay that I pay for, for two weeks.

So I'll sum it up for you, since you obviously haven't had marketing or law classes during school. You pay for a product, when the product doesn't match what you expect, you stop paying. You do not pay to accept what you are given, when you are given something quite different than what you were promised. Do you have a problem with understanding what marketing, services and companies really is about Cygnus? No wonder they call you a troll, your logic is even worse than a five year old.

This is exactly why I made the other topic about the Support Manager... anything over a day wait for such s crucial issue isn't good enough imo - and it's not like there isn't a solution!

Also you should probably ignore Cygnus, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tombustion wrote:
Another thing DP:
Did anyone ask for chicken chow mein black bean sauce with sweet & sour pork balls? NO! so why is Mr Egg Fried Rice getting involved in the situation for?

LOL

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

on the initial topic, i was requested to make my own investigation of the whole frac situation, it will take a few days to analyze all the data but i will post the results once i have them.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

Jey123456 wrote:
on the initial topic, i was requested to make my own investigation of the whole frac situation, it will take a few days to analyze all the data but i will post the results once i have them.

oh screw that.

just work on whatever you are working on to make the game better for everyone.

dont waste your time on dumb stuff like this. let Bagtastic waste her time.

-ERMAN

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team

oh im not spending work time on that. im using part of my free time (hence the few days), else it would be done by tomorrow :P.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Actually Murasame has a point.

This whole issue would be redunant IF SS was more transparent.

Put a copy of the database on to the wiki and make sure it is updated as new stuff is added.

That is a great idea.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Dev Team

Russell wrote:
Actually Murasame has a point.

This whole issue would be redunant IF SS was more transparent.

Put a copy of the database on to the wiki and make sure it is updated as new stuff is added.

That is a great idea.

people would just whine about other things.

Part of ss is to discover new stuff at least i know i love to discover new items and stuff, why do you think i keep a 20 feets pole between me and content ? :P

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

Hehehe

I think that enjoyment would be a small price to pay.

This problem of unauthorised leaks has plagued SS for years, it gives SS a bad reputation, demoralises the player base, loses valuable staff and is so avoidable with a bit of transparency.

Personally I love trawling the wiki to find new stuff.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
No, Sir. No. You pay to accept what the company, that is Star Sonata, gives you.

Cygnus, you are just being wrong here. Simply because:

www.starsonata.com/support wrote:
Your support ticket "My complaints." has been submitted. We try to reply to all tickets as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Usually within 24 hours. Why do we complain? Because the ticket that could have resolved a lot of this, took 6 days to get looked into. I would neither have made this topic, if it wouldn't have taken Bageese 7 days to respond again to my ticket in a proper way. This is a tendency many players see, hence why they choose to complain or stop paying for the game.

I also pay for a game where I expect to get help when I experience bugs. I was excluded from Infernal Darkness for two weeks, before I got help to manually add the mission. That means I was excluded from gameplay that I pay for, for two weeks.

You're such a bad troll I can almost taste it :P

But that said...you essentially restated what I said; "You pay for a product, when the product doesn't match what you expect, you stop paying."

Your only right is to stop paying. Which you did. You exerted your right, and received justice. Why are you complaining? That said, where are any of your rights or expectations violated?

"Usually within 24 hours" = "We will try, but we are fallible human beings, not unstoppable ubermensch, so please don't expect us to be." What if they have to have discussions amongst the team? That lives in seperate time zones, many of which are volunteers? What if they're not sure and have to check the data? What if, believe it or not, these volunteers actually have LIVES outside of the GAME!?

Your complaints are totally invalid, based on totally unrealistic expectations. And you're also complaining about things which are totally irrelevant to the '24 hours' business. And stop whining.

And dude, seriously? Calling someone a five year old...sigh. I'd say it takes one to know one, but that would be insulting to me and five year olds.

Please. Just go.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

This topic is beyond lame.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Chaosking3 wrote:
This topic is beyond lame.

LIKE YOU

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20

Tbh your stand on this case surprised me the most Cygnus, do you think that we should ignore any act of abuse, because of what? Because expecting devs to fair play is "unrealistic expectation"?

That's all I can read from your posts, you suddenly came up with insta bugfixes, perfect admins, perfect content. You cover expectations of fair playing and honest devs with that unrealistic shit and try to derail everything to hell.

Seriously, You've moved a minor thing like expecting quick response on tickets to the place of major problem, you've exaggerated this minor to something beyond matter and then you call people to boycott whole thing.
Isnt it right?

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 am
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0

For full disclosure:
I got very busy with a crisis behind the scenes, and my final exam, that a ticket that required a lot of thought and an intelligent response got put aside. I was very hesitant to respond to Thermal in that ticket because my personal bias far exceeded my role as support manager. It wasn't a personal bias towards SBP, but rather my personal bias for the developer who's actions were called into question. I'm usually very good at separating the game from the job, but I had a hard time figuring out what to do when life and the job collided. I should have passed the ticket to Jeff immediately due to my own personal bias, but instead I sat on it and did not give the ticket the attention it deserved. I hope all such conflicts as these are behind us, as FracOMac has promised not to do any new content he has created on live until it has been done by another team other than the one he resides on and I will never let my personal bias interfere with my job again.

In regards to the Hermes exploit the investigation is over. We did what we deemed necessary and fair to the greatest possible collection of players. I have only seen a small fraction of people complain about the results of this investigation and the majority of them are the major abusers of the bug. This whole situation was resolved a month ago. That is my final statement on the Hermes Bug.

I will only lock/delete this topic if people choose to throw around more insults and not offer constructive feedback. I have always been of the opinion that locking a thread and silencing an opinion of which someone has a right to voice is wrong. So please, I would like to see a thread with constructive feedback and arguments to actually be civil, instead of people acting like they want to kill each other. Surely you all have something better to do with your lives than to insult someone else on the internet for taking a different stance than you? Take your squabbles to the game and duke it out there, let’s have the forums be a place for discussion and respect.

I have said on many occasions that I am going to try to help SS become more transparent in our processes. For transparency’s sake here is a bit more of what I do.

Since taking on this job in January, I have been helping to improve our customer service. When I came onto the dev team the support system was a bit of a mess and there were no guidelines or processes for anything. One of the things we have done to improve customer service is to separate and categorize our bug tickets and assign them to specialized QA, one dedicated to content tickets, and the other dedicated to programming tickets. Another thing we have done is to streamline the process on how bugs get sent to the dev team to be fixed. All tickets that involve some form of loss I have to also deal with. Each bug that a QA has determined is reproducible and needs to go onto our tracker; I also have to deal with. Recently I’ve also been given more responsibility with marketing and PR.

For the record, I am the default person on all ticket categories, minus bugs. If you submit a ticket to any category other than bugs, 99% of the time I will be the one taking care of it. I also set policy, rules, manage moderation, both in game and on the forums. I work about 2-3 hours every day on Star Sonata, while going to school full time. A player expressing grievances within a ticket that will need a more thought out and intelligent response will get put on the “backburner,” meaning marked as a low priority ticket, while other more pressing and emergency issues get put front and center. I realized I made a mistake by not responding to Thermal’s ticket letting him know that we were actually working on it. Issues that involve accounts, billing, moderation, and bug resolutions will get put priority over a ticket where a player is merely asking questions about administrator decisions. Each ticket is highly important, but some require quicker action than others.

This job had no training. 0. Everything I have done was from asking questions of devs, players, moderators, family, and my own judgment. Now, it is 5:30 am, I am exhausted, and I need to go to bed. I will no doubt, wake up to more posts in the morning, which I will do my best to address.

-Marty

Image Image

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

I just dont like the fact that you are saying the major bug exploiters (aka comb, thermal, me) are complaining about people who leveld from 1k to 2k in the hermes instance and diidnt get their levels reverted. Those people are called honest, paying customers that dont come under the radar and they are very good (admin way of looking at it apparently).

So they arent that big of an exploit as we are?

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 am
Profile E-mail

Promising Bageese, surely promising. I like the way you sum this up, this is definitely a good experience for you to take with you on the road as the support manager in this game. Whether or not you will run into these kind of situations again is something time will show.

And Murasame, I think it is fairly conclusive to assume that yes, when treated differently compared to other customers, then those who experience unfairness will almost never feel fairness in the case as what belongs to the past, belongs to the past. Let's just hope the Admins are more aware next time a major bug comes around so they don't have to end up making a decision that ends in treating paying customers differently. At least they have this experience on their back now to minimize the chances that it happens again.

I got where I wanted with this topic (apart from a few humps and bumps that wasn't really constructive arguments, but more of personal matters), and therefore I will now consider myself pleased with the response and how this issue has been dealt with after I made the ticket public and posted this topic.

Good luck Star Sonata Administration, a complaining customer always turns happy again as long as his complaints leads to something that is beneficial for both the customer and the administration.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next