It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: None
Main: Combustion
Level: 0
Class: None

Post Re: An interesting topic.
zhuang281 wrote:
Tombustion wrote:
Quote:

Where did I say Frac was in the top 10? Open your eyes you pompous stuck up spasticated wanker. I am telling you, that he was around the same level as me before the Hermes leveling. After the Hermes leveling he was level 3100 - 3200, but while all of us lost our levels, he didn't. Want to know how? Because he was still sitting in the exact same place as he is now. You don't level from 2800 to 3200 from leeching exp from the team that quickly, it takes at least 1 and a half months for that to happen. I don't need to prove that he was level 2800 because you know damn well he was, many others know also, and I remember having an alt docked at an AI base, refreshing the top player list every 25 minutes to see if I had overtaken Captain Pants (Murasame), and FracOMac's name was also shooting up like a rocket. As for other admins backing him up, saying that he got rid of his levels, you clearly have never heard of a Lie before, which is rather shocking as you used to do that 24/7.

Careful. Wouldn't want to come off as dyslexic again would we? Infact, lets add the phrases "moronic" and "unable to analyse" to the mix. And before you call me a "pompous stuck up spasticated wanker" again, lets me just say that the difference between me and you is that my insults are based on fact whilst yours are based on testosterone.

1. I never said you stated that Frac was in the top 10. What I said was that the screeny OF the top 10 did not contain Frac's name and that the current top 10 did not have Fracs name. Hence me then saying don't use the screeny as part of your argument that Frac's levels were not removed.

2. You say that "FracOMac's name was also shooting up like a rocket." How does this have any bearing on whether or not his levels are removed? I never contested the point that Frac did not benefit from the levelling. What I did contest is your claim his levels were never removed.

3. 2800 by your count is a rough estimate. It has been already 1month since Frac stopped using the bug as per Bageeses community announcement. Add in also the XP he obtained in the week prior to that announcement from tithe (From people not levelling in Hermes). That is very close to your estimate of 2800-3200 in 1.5 months.

4. I do not hate the world and have no reason to assume everyone is lying, only the retarded ones. You say that the admins lie when they backed up Frac on his removal of levels. Yet you also want the admins to deal with this situation by a change of policies and a punishing of those involved. How can you possibly ask admins to do one thing, then accuse them of lying about something else? It seems that you only "believe" what suits you and call everything else a lie.

Predator1356 wrote:
that would be nice considering everyone remembers you as level 2.8k

Such a thing can be called a false memory. You did not have a clear memory of what Frac's level was. Perhaps he was level 3.3k. Perhaps he was level 2.8k. The moment Combustion mentioned that Frac was 2.8k, your brain took that as a memory of what actually happened. Read up on it.

"but the principle that memories can be altered by outside influences is overwhelmingly accepted by scientists"
^ Paterson, H. M., Kemp, R. I., & Forgas, J. P. (2010). "Co-witnesses, confederates, and conformity: The effects of discussion and delay on eyewitness memory.," Psychiatry, Psychology and Law.

This time, I am going to say it in nice big green letters so you can read it.
DP, everyone knows he was level 2800, you don't level from 2800 to 3200 within a month of team exp. He was shooting up like a rocket during the week of the hermes levelling which implies he was doing it aswell. and I think we do have a clear memory as to what his level was, otherwise you wouldn't have half of the people on here saying he was.

Another thing DP:

Last edited by Tombustion on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20

You usually don't spend your time camping spawn for hours when you already know, that you will have to revert those levels.
Unless you will somehow benefit from that or you're not going to do anything about it on your own initiative or you don't know that it's exploiting. Although, dev should notice that something is wrong.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 am

FracOMac wrote:
Wow, this is ridiculous. Yes, I gained xp tithe from the hermes bug but my level was reverted just like everyone else. This even caused me to drop a couple places on the leaderboard (back to where I was before the bug, but still). If I was in favor of level reversion because I wanted to be a high on the leaderboard, wouldn't I have wanted to keep those levels? Your accusation here makes no sense. I think the real story with regards to this point (which you seem to spend a disproportionate time on) is that you're upset that your own exploited levels here were taken away. (this goes for both Thermal and Combustion here, who were two of the biggest abusers of the bug incase anyone didn't know)

For anyone interested in hearing both sides of a story, here is my condensed account of the first kill of Kidd: Uni reset rolls around and Kidd goes live, this being the first endgame boss I've designed I was very excited to see players in action against him since I'm fully expecting him to tear them to pieces. Surprisingly (to me at the time) a run was organized very quickly after the reset to see what he was about, but I was invited (at the time, most of my own team didn't even know I was a dev) so I decided to tag along for elec, since I'm an engineer and sitting there with an elec beam seems to me like a harmless way to participate. So the run commences and within 30 seconds Kidd manages to tear apart the best squad I'd seen at that point (other than a couple absentis snipers, it was all t21 ships), and I get the huge self satisfaction from his scripting tearing apart the very squad I designed him to slaughter. However, the squad regroups outside and upon the 2nd try manages to use some quirks in his behavior to avoid most of his nastiness, ending in a successful kill. At this point if any of you remember, his loot tables were bugged and he didn't drop any of his unique items. Having seen it first hand the quirks that were used to kill him, I go about fixing them for the next patch and fixing the loot tables. I went on a few more runs after that once the patch fixing him went live using other people's characters, but none were successful for a while. To this day, I've done very few kidd runs and the ones I have done I've intentionally avoided discussing or having any hand in strategy as I feel it'd be unfair as the person who designed him.

However, I realize that might not be enough for the playerbase as a whole to be satisfied. So for any future content I help create (not really my role on the dev team anymore anyway) I will not set foot in the place as a player until a team other than whatever team I reside on at the time has conquered it.

In the correct order, so the facts are right:

Murasame
Combustion
Thermal

We were the ones who spent the most time and got to the leader board.

But tell me, a person who decided to level four characters from 1000 to 2000 in the Hermes instance, and never had his levels removed, is he not the biggest exploiter? He was the one who gained the most from the exploits, not the three previously mentioned characters. Whatever you say will never in any way change that for sure.

Of course, a person will always be upset because he is treated in an unfair way. In this case, I am upset because some people were allowed to abuse the bug and keep their levels. Can't change that either, and there is no real argument for why it should stay that way. Send in Bageese so she can apology for it, or maybe someone else has enough self-respect to say that they were wrong.

And for the topic about Captain Kidd, that is the thing most players I've spoken to have marked as "interesting" for them. Yes, I was not a part of your first Captain Kidd run, so if I said that, then I was wrong. But I was on several runs later which occurred after only one or two runs had been successful, and here is what I remember:

You were on Trevors shield monkey, and when Captain Kidd approached you. You then used a graviton blocker, advanced blocker, and a Hop Drive to escape, but still being close enough to continue the fight. The next run I was on, people had brought a ton of those items, and combined with grem, the run was successful.

Based on what I experienced there, I just go by what I have told you several times, that it seems impossible to find any argument against: Even tho you actively work to not use your knowledge, then it will still be in your consciousness and affect you nonetheless.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

I think this post sums up the following:

We are complaining that people are getting item stats beforehand.

We are complaining that the admins say that EVERYONE got their levels removed during the hermes "exploit", but we all know that is not true. I know a few people who leveld from 1-2k (as thermal was saying) and those are the real "criminals" in this "exploit". So we are all equal at this point apparently since I got a few thousand levels and about 200 more range on a wep that has 50x that much. And those who did 1-2k got the SP for all their T21 skills, bar skills, and evne the thing I have now (which I had to work damn hard to get to this current level). Also I was badly hurt by this removal "system" as I had to pay back the sp by lvling up 4 by 4 but instead the admins removed 5 sp per level for me, so in general Ill never see my 500 SP that I had in "bank".

We are also complaining that things dont get done in this game as fast as the playerbase needs it to happen, thats due to the admins being unorganized people. One person cant handle this game, I dont really care if it is anyone from SBP or not but player related things such as teleporting somebody from a bugged area to something else needs to be taken care of by several people, not just one (baggees, or however many g's and e's you have).

Also the fact that you create a uber and then go to it, you know what youre expecting and then what do you do if you dont assist your squad in killing it? You cant pretend that you dont know, you cant go on without bringing the gear you need otherwise people will call you bad names like now, you cant simply not "abuse" it. Thats naturally that way and its okay, but you did the right thing in not going to the content you created before it gets "cracked" so its doable by strategy the people use, not the strategy you created the boss for.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

This is one of the stupidest, most inane arguments I have ever seen on this forum. Essentially what you are asking for is A: Admins to be perfect, finish content and bugfixes instantly, and in general be inhuman supermen that do nothing but work on code and XML all day long, and B: Admins to never play their own game(that they volunteer to help make!).

And then everyone whines when their unrealistic expectations are not met.
YOU CHEATED, YOU HAD YOUR CHEATING TAKEN AWAY, END OF STORY.Should all exploited items/levels/whatever be removed? YES. Can imperfect admins/devs do this? NO, OR IT WOULD BE DONE ALREADY. Do you REALLY think the devs are just like "Oh, here's this guy that got 1000 levels, but let's just leave him, just because." "Oh, there's a possum sitting in my pantry, eating all my crackers, but lets leave him, just because." Makes about the same amount of sense.

And if you quit, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

On topic: Very interesting read, although didn't we all know this was going on? And not only on SBP, the problem isn't anyone in specific it's just that 90% of all humans or so will always use their resources to their own advantage, it's human nature. So yeah as long as we have voluntary ingame politically involved devs, shit like this will keep happening. So either life with it or quit.

Now to go offtopic and respond to our little whiner DP:

zhuang281 wrote:
Reported.

Tombustion wrote:
Quote:
Another thing DP:
Did anyone ask for chicken chow mein black bean sauce with sweet & sour pork balls? NO! so why is Mr Egg Fried Rice getting involved in the situation for?

You went crying to mommy? Don't bring up this reported crap when you are the one who started the insults. And then runs of to the moderation when someone insults you back. If any YOU should be banned for starting the insults and flaming in this post you made:

Quote:
Are you perhaps dyslexic as well as retarded. I never asked for proof that Frac used Hermes to level and neither did anyone else. I asked for proof that Frac reverted levels of only a select few who were a direct challenge to himself and his goal of being the top leveled player. Infact, I stated this twice. Would you like me to tattoo it on your forehead to make it clearer?

Don't give me the racist crap, you just discriminated equally as bad. Do I need to remind you about that time when you muted me after taunting me? I recall to have a ticket laying around somewhere with Bageese saying you were waaay out of line abusing your mod powers as she reviewed the logs. Don't act like Virgin Maria after being a dick yourself, I seriously hate those kind of people.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 am
Profile E-mail

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
FracOMac wrote:
Wow, this is ridiculous. Yes, I gained xp tithe from the hermes bug but my level was reverted just like everyone else. This even caused me to drop a couple places on the leaderboard (back to where I was before the bug, but still). If I was in favor of level reversion because I wanted to be a high on the leaderboard, wouldn't I have wanted to keep those levels? Your accusation here makes no sense. I think the real story with regards to this point (which you seem to spend a disproportionate time on) is that you're upset that your own exploited levels here were taken away. (this goes for both Thermal and Combustion here, who were two of the biggest abusers of the bug incase anyone didn't know)

For anyone interested in hearing both sides of a story, here is my condensed account of the first kill of Kidd: Uni reset rolls around and Kidd goes live, this being the first endgame boss I've designed I was very excited to see players in action against him since I'm fully expecting him to tear them to pieces. Surprisingly (to me at the time) a run was organized very quickly after the reset to see what he was about, but I was invited (at the time, most of my own team didn't even know I was a dev) so I decided to tag along for elec, since I'm an engineer and sitting there with an elec beam seems to me like a harmless way to participate. So the run commences and within 30 seconds Kidd manages to tear apart the best squad I'd seen at that point (other than a couple absentis snipers, it was all t21 ships), and I get the huge self satisfaction from his scripting tearing apart the very squad I designed him to slaughter. However, the squad regroups outside and upon the 2nd try manages to use some quirks in his behavior to avoid most of his nastiness, ending in a successful kill. At this point if any of you remember, his loot tables were bugged and he didn't drop any of his unique items. Having seen it first hand the quirks that were used to kill him, I go about fixing them for the next patch and fixing the loot tables. I went on a few more runs after that once the patch fixing him went live using other people's characters, but none were successful for a while. To this day, I've done very few kidd runs and the ones I have done I've intentionally avoided discussing or having any hand in strategy as I feel it'd be unfair as the person who designed him.

However, I realize that might not be enough for the playerbase as a whole to be satisfied. So for any future content I help create (not really my role on the dev team anymore anyway) I will not set foot in the place as a player until a team other than whatever team I reside on at the time has conquered it.

In the correct order, so the facts are right:

Murasame
Combustion
Thermal

We were the ones who spent the most time and got to the leader board.

But tell me, a person who decided to level four characters from 1000 to 2000 in the Hermes instance, and never had his levels removed, is he not the biggest exploiter? He was the one who gained the most from the exploits, not the three previously mentioned characters. Whatever you say will never in any way change that for sure.

I just realized, you are 100% right, thats a brilliant point. The guys who levelled from 1000 to 2000 are the biggest exploiters, because level 1000 - 2000 is a pretty big difference compared to 3000 - 4000. You can get all of your skills maxed from level 1000 - 2000 o.o

& Thijs, thats exactly why I did it, I have taken shit from him for the past year and a half, and I have had enough, so I gave you a taste of the real world, you throw insults at me like that, I will throw one on the exact same level as the ones you threw at me, right back at you.

Don't ever accuse me of being a total waste of space, dyslexic and retarded ever again. Got it? Now Get the fuck out.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

I love you Cyggles.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

Tombustion wrote:

I just realized, you are 100% right, thats a brilliant point. The guys who levelled from 1000 to 2000 are the biggest exploiters, because level 1000 - 2000 is a pretty big difference compared to 3000 - 4000. You can get all of your skills maxed from level 1000 - 2000 o.o

so in admins eyes getting a few spaces higher on leaderboard and extra zen skills is more dangerous then maxing out all of your skills via exploit?

VaporiZe!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 am
Profile E-mail

Cygnus wrote:
This is one of the stupidest, most inane arguments I have ever seen on this forum. Essentially what you are asking for is A: Admins to be perfect, finish content and bugfixes instantly, and in general be inhuman supermen that do nothing but work on code and XML all day long, and B: Admins to never play their own game(that they volunteer to help make!).

YOU CHEATED, YOU HAD YOUR CHEATING TAKEN AWAY, END OF STORY.Should all exploited items/levels/whatever be removed? YES. Can imperfect admins/devs do this? NO, OR IT WOULD BE DONE ALREADY. Do you REALLY think the devs are just like "Oh, here's this guy that got 1000 levels, but let's just leave him, just because." "Oh, there's a possum sitting in my pantry, eating all my crackers, but lets leave him, just because." Makes about the same amount of sense.

You are a funny guy. You see, when you pay for a game you are a customer. Here we have an issue that evolved into the Admins treating players differently (pretty much: unfairness) because it took them almost a week to even look into the matter. A week Cygnus. You can't put the blame on anything but the system there, because it obviously doesn't work.

And I am saying that Admins should be really careful with combining being a high end player with being a content developer. Because of the psychological aspect that we call consciousness.

So yeah, in other games you actually can expect to get the customer support that you easily should expect in a game like this. The rest of your post just reminds me of why your entire team has told me several times to ignore you because you are nothing but a troll (EF's words).

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 am
Profile E-mail

Alex, these people are blind.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 am
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
Tombustion wrote:

so in admins eyes getting a few spaces higher on leaderboard and extra zen skills is more dangerous then maxing out all of your skills via exploit?

Yes, and as Jeff said if you update the support ticket: The lesser of two evils was to remove those who you could track from the leaderboard.

The lesser of two evils would have been to have a functional administration that manages to give attention to exploits like this within a day (and not a week), and who at least manages to give replies to support tickets again within a day (and not a week) without putting it on the back burner, which we all known quite well by now.

Let's bring up the general understanding of this game that is shared by everyone in the player base: Unless the Administration improves, then no progress will be made, and in the end Jey is the only person keeping this game alive. Everyone says that for as long as I have played.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

How to fix the "corruption":

As frac said he wont attend ubers he did (its sort of bad but its okay), so the guys who make their ubers shouldnt go and do them, wait a bit maybe and then after its been strategically thought out you go.

The item stats one is also fixable and also something that would benefit the game a lot (mostly old players but new alike) is to link ALL the MOTHER FUCKING DATABASE to the wiki and it gets updated AUTOMATICALLY when new gear comes in. That way you prevent loss from information, wiki gets updated all the time (less people working on the wiki) and most of us are satisfied.
The bad side of this is people will say: well we like to find out what the stats are of the item and build it. If they know stats and they are useless they wont build them, simple fix. The admins need to make items so that they are all good, not some that are like poseidon energy, thats where balance comes in place and the admins dont have a big brain for that, but not many do I dont blame them.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Cygnus wrote:

You are a funny guy. You see, when you pay for a game you are a customer. Here we have an issue that evolved into the Admins treating players differently (pretty much: unfairness) because it took them almost a week to even look into the matter. A week Cygnus. You can't put the blame on anything but the system there, because it obviously doesn't work.

And I am saying that Admins should be really careful with combining being a high end player with being a content developer. Because of the psychological aspect that we call consciousness.

So yeah, in other games you actually can expect to get the customer support that you easily should expect in a game like this. The rest of your post just reminds me of why your entire team has told me several times to ignore you because you are nothing but a troll (EF's words).

No, Sir. No. You pay to accept what the company, that is Star Sonata, gives you. You pay because you consider it worth your money to pay to enjoy the services they provide. The fact that you pay money is meaningless, and gives you absolutely no rights, except for the right to stop paying.

Can you stop paying? Easily! Can you whine like a little bitch? Obviously. But don't act all entitled because you're not getting service that isn't even specified in your payment information.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Cygnus wrote:
No, Sir. No. You pay to accept what the company, that is Star Sonata, gives you.

Cygnus, you are just being wrong here. Simply because:

www.starsonata.com/support wrote:
Your support ticket "My complaints." has been submitted. We try to reply to all tickets as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Usually within 24 hours. Why do we complain? Because the ticket that could have resolved a lot of this, took 6 days to get looked into. I would neither have made this topic, if it wouldn't have taken Bageese 7 days to respond again to my ticket in a proper way. This is a tendency many players see, hence why they choose to complain or stop paying for the game.

I also pay for a game where I expect to get help when I experience bugs. I was excluded from Infernal Darkness for two weeks, before I got help to manually add the mission. That means I was excluded from gameplay that I pay for, for two weeks.

So I'll sum it up for you, since you obviously haven't had marketing or law classes during school. You pay for a product, when the product doesn't match what you expect, you stop paying. You do not pay to accept what you are given, when you are given something quite different than what you were promised. Do you have a problem with understanding what marketing, services and companies really is about Cygnus? No wonder they call you a troll, your logic is even worse than a five year old.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next