It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post Re: RE: Hermes Leveling Exploit Rollback
assasinat3r wrote:
Alright, now that we've made Bageese apologise, why don't we get her to put on the chains and dog collar!

Do you honestly think your fancy well-worded posts are constructive in any way? I find it sad just having to go through this topic and read Bageese's pandering to you guys.

That is a part of her job as the support manager. When a customer or more than one customer feels that they aren't receiving the support they expect to get, then they do make complaints, and any good support manager will normally then apologize and try to use the replies (read: complaints) in the best possible way so that he or she can improve on her support to get happy customers.

Sup Techie! :)

Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tech9
Level: 1923
Class: Engineer

Lol, damn, you got me. I deleted the post because I thought I'd just be causing more trouble, too late for that though. You're right that it's a PR's job, however, I still believe there's been a lot of pointlessness. Admittedly there'd be a lot more in a larger game and for the most part is unavoidable so my original post was just as pointless in retrospect. And yeah, I'm just having a go.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 am

The whole point bageese is the word "Team". Issues like these should never rest on one person there should be a team of people ready to deal with stuff like this within 12 hours of it being reported (preferably less than 6 hours). SS has always had a huge failing in the admin department even if the individuals doing the administration are doing the best they can the organisation is horrible. Some bugs/game features should never have been put into the game to begin with.

The lvl of the Hermes rams where commented on when Hermes area was created, the testers asked if the lvl was not too high since people might be lvling of them and the comment from the dev/admins was "Nah".

Numerous people have been lvling in there since the area was introduced, not to the extent that Murasame and Daedlus did but still the same exploit. Taking the lvls of the top people was the wrong descision, you should have listened to the testers of Hermes and NEVER introduced fast spawning AIs at that lvl in the first place.

Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 am

Indeed, I guess they will have to learn from this. I just hope that this is more of the final word in this case instead of having posts from people like Trevor and Sybir who blatantly says that everything was justified when they have no clue of what they are talking about.

Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

I have lost skill points due to this revert, I have even sent a support ticket but still no answer (its been quite a few days)...

Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Indeed, I guess they will have to learn from this. I just hope that this is more of the final word in this case instead of having posts from people like Trevor and Sybir who blatantly says that everything was justified when they have no clue of what they are talking about.

Who the fuck is this?

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 am
Profile E-mail

Tomzta09 wrote:
Dark Brotherhood wrote:

Who the fuck is this?

The fucking bellend who was a prick and quit after this! :)

Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Dark Brotherhood wrote:

Who the fuck is this?

Thermy?

Fri May 04, 2012 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail

I can't see anyone else that quit shortly after this, can you? :lol:

Fri May 04, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
I can't see anyone else that quit shortly after this, can you? :lol:

I can, some parts of my body did during that level mission against you and combi, was fun :D.

Fri May 04, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100
Class: Engineer

Admins have said hermes rams were broken because several players exploiting this popped up in top10. Admins fail to realise whole top10 is people exploiting healing xp. It didn't take long for xDrag0nx to get to top1 spot. I see healing xp being almost as broken as hermes ram exploit.

Now revert levels for people exploiting healing xp. I thought this would be an alternative to that and I was happy some people other than shield monkeys and engineers getting to top10.

I agree hermes rams were too easy for their levels. I tested them on a sniper using mura's hot glue sprayer. It worked well. Then I tried PSS/ZHT/other weapons. It was not worth it. Only the best snipers and the best engineer (Thermal) could level off hermes rams efficiently. I don't see that as a big issue.

Few months ago there was a thread with discussion about features and bugs. It is not always clear what is a bug and what is a feature. Hermes ram issue is yet another example of it. Usually these "features" are ok for admins until some smart players starts taking advantage of them to full potential. Hermes rams weren't an issue before people started their race in the leaderboards. I don't have reliable information but many players have stated this issue was known and reported long time ago.

I think admins handled this issue badly. Only minority of people exploiting got their levels reverted. It is not fair. How about returning a certain percentage of levels they got off hermes rams?

PS. New content. Faster leveling. What's wrong with that? MF reavers have been the best leveling ai for YEARS. Soft cap of levels should get higher at some point.

Last edited by Antilzah on Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763
Class: Shield Monkey

I disagree - I leveled using team exp while power clearing full DGs with Bling in about 3-4 minutes on average.

Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Dark Brotherhood wrote:

Who the fuck is this?

Bellend :P Glad to see more people are using that word xD

Blizz: I completely agree with what you are saying. Its about time someone finally saw what we are trying to say -.-

password wrote:

Fri May 04, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail

One thing that pissed me off more than anything was that you took away my Zen of the Far reaching 100 which I had way before all of this, same with a fair amount of zen of Acceleration and Spin, I want it back.

password wrote:

Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799

Tomzta09 wrote:
One thing that pissed me off more than anything was that you took away my Zen of the Far reaching 100 which I had way before all of this.

This would be the text you would want to submit in your ticket, as it means very little here.

Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next