It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Post Re: RE: Hermes Leveling Exploit Rollback
skyfyre wrote:

Good point, but you can't just kill those players over and over to take it for yourself?

Disclaimer : The above statement is intended for humorous purposes only and in no way reflects the oppinions or actions of SBP, the star sonata playerbase as a whole, or Skyfyre.

Disclaimer: Skyfyre is in no way affiliated with SBP. We would kick him if we could but he has latched himself on like a barnacle. Does anyone have experience in removing barnacles?

Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 am
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: Quetzalcoatl
Level: 0
Class: None

Generally you take a spade and just hack at the base of the piling. You aren't going to get the glue bit off but you can scrap his organs off the thing.

Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

How about no? I would rather talk about something where everyone else can see it, not in a PM. I only talk in PMs if its private, in this case, it isn't.

And don't you worry, I know exactly why you reversed the levels, and I don't need to say why because I will cause another bitchfight resulting in someone getting their testicles cut off.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Thu May 03, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Main: Ananke

Tomzta09 wrote:
How about no? I would rather talk about something where everyone else can see it, not in a PM. I only talk in PMs if its private, in this case, it isn't.

And don't you worry, I know exactly why you reversed the levels, and I don't need to say why because I will cause another bitchfight resulting in someone getting their testicles cut off.

Can you read my mind? I'm pretty sure you can't. Just sayin.

Why did I have SI revert the levels? Because a bug was abused and exploited. I have no other motivation other than that. One person sent in a ticket reporting this and I plan on giving that one person an Imperial Seal.

If you are implying something I suggest you be direct and say exactly what you're thinking, I have no time for games. If you would like to accuse me or the dev team of anything I suggest you do so instead of pandering as you're doing now. If you're afraid I'd forum ban you or take any sort of revenge on you for what you'd say I am really saddened. I welcome any and all feedback, positive or negative. We can discuss peacefully without resorting to "bitchfights" or "testicle removal." You and I have had pleasant discussions in private message before, I don't see why this can't translate to the forums. I am willing to discuss in private if someone has any questions, but I am also willing to answer questions publicly. I guess that wasn't clear.

I know my sincerity doesn't mean anything to you across the internet, but believe me when I say I am willing to explain my reasoning, and be as transparent as possible. Closed doors and quiet mouths from the administration serves no purpose. Hopefully this clears that up.

Image Image

Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

The only reason I feel bad is becuase I have no other way to level other than going shm/engi...

Thu May 03, 2012 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

Bacchus wrote:
The only reason I feel bad is becuase I have no other way to level other than going shm/engi...

wrong u can..... oh wait

VaporiZe!

Thu May 03, 2012 1:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Bacchus wrote:

Try playing a solo zerk. :P There's a reason my main is under 2k.

Image Image

Thu May 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

Predator1356 wrote:
Bacchus wrote:

wrong u can..... oh wait

Im a sadddd panda ):

Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

<< Level?

All dging. I was counc for 3 weeks so that was like none of it.

Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

My level is sexier.

Thu May 03, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853
Class: Shield Monkey

Nuromishi wrote:
My level is sexier.

yes

Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

Trouser23 wrote:
<< Level?

All dging. I was counc for 3 weeks so that was like none of it.

But, the problem here is.. The higher your level the more time you need to level up, even with tons of super intell gears, i was able to get some very little xp at my current level from reavers, which means i need more time to level up killing the same enemy over and over, some people don't have the time like some of us to DG 1-2 hours daily and level up past 2500, i can be 3000 if i actually cared to be 3000, the same exact way you did it, its not that hard it just needs time...

But frankly i think, my personal opinion,, Leveling should divide into 2 genres.. Easy but Takes time,, Difficult but could be quick.. so for the people who have the time and don't really care about taking a little risk here and there, sure go do some MF Reavers or whatever is being used more atm.

but if you want to level up quicker, you should be somewhat very experienced and have unique choice of items and gears and strategies.. and you want to take risks, go kill whatever the Developers will spawn in the game that matches your needs..

But since that the Money in the game is purely over flowed, and everyone has way more money than what they need.. everyone can be experienced and good and have strategies and unique choice of gears... thats why they reverted the levels of the Rams exploiters... its still an exploit in my opinion.. but i'm just pointing out the idea that they spent so much money and effort on it.. and they leveled up so quickly..

just what i think honestly..

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm
Profile E-mail

What was done is fine, but I would like to have an open discussion on why it took the administration so long time before any action was taken? With an indie game like this involving so many bugs it is pretty important to have an active game administration that is able to take action fast, and fast is not 4-5 days! That is what the player base always have been stressing, you simply seem to have Jeff_L peek in once a week, and it can go severely long time before important issues is brought to attention higher up in the system. This will always cripple this game and make the administration the weakest link, which again prevents any growth in the game.

I have felt for a long time that the lack of communication between the administration and the player base often causes players to wait days and days for help. If you have a bug and your ship vanishes, then you pretty much have to log off for a week, then come back later and see if any progress is made. Not so fun for the players. If you notice that something important content-wise is changed, then you might have to find yourself unable to do that content for a long time. You should not have to wait this long because of bugs caused by a patch or something else. It simply makes the whole playing experience into a big headache when things keep ending up on the backburner as Jey likes to call it. If nothing is done, then you won't see the end of your problems because it all depends on how active the game administration is.

The SI also did a pretty big blooper in his wording as the first developer/administrator to reply in this topic, and that creates room for skepticism. How on earth do you even let the first public support message involve information that later on was removed because it was wrong or badly worded?

So yeah, like many players pointed out, you are all right in your actions, but you are all wrong in how long it took and how it was processed, and the whole administration should give out a huge apology for that. If this was dealt with much faster then you wouldn't have had this big of a trouble. And due to why you did what you did, then I enjoy myself in other games where I don't have to constantly wait for support regularly in my game play.

Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 am
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
What was done is fine, but I would like to have an open discussion on why it took the administration so long time before any action was taken? With an indie game like this involving so many bugs it is pretty important to have an active game administration that is able to take action fast, and fast is not 4-5 days! That is what the player base always have been stressing, you simply seem to have Jeff_L peek in once a week, and it can go severely long time before important issues is brought to attention higher up in the system. This will always cripple this game and make the administration the weakest link, which again prevents any growth in the game.

I have felt for a long time that the lack of communication between the administration and the player base often causes players to wait days and days for help. If you have a bug and your ship vanishes, then you pretty much have to log off for a week, then come back later and see if any progress is made. Not so fun for the players. If you notice that something important content-wise is changed, then you might have to find yourself unable to do that content for a long time. You should not have to wait this long because of bugs caused by a patch or something else. It simply makes the whole playing experience into a big headache when things keep ending up on the backburner as Jey likes to call it. If nothing is done, then you won't see the end of your problems because it all depends on how active the game administration is.

The SI also did a pretty big blooper in his wording as the first developer/administrator to reply in this topic, and that creates room for skepticism. How on earth do you even let the first public support message involve information that later on was removed because it was wrong or badly worded?

So yeah, like many players pointed out, you are all right in your actions, but you are all wrong in how long it took and how it was processed, and the whole administration should give out a huge apology for that. If this was dealt with much faster then you wouldn't have had this big of a trouble. And due to why you did what you did, then I enjoy myself in other games where I don't have to constantly wait for support regularly in my game play.

How long it was processed was entirely my fault. I was told about this exploit by a QA dev when I was in the middle of class and didn't fully comprehend the seriousness of it until it was too late. I am currently at the end of a semester and my real life demands are a bit taxing. That is no excuse however for my disorganization and failure to respond quickly. I will fully take all blame and responsibility for this.

On a side note: Jeff doesn't handle things like this anymore unless it is an extreme case. I have recently assumed a bit more of his Support duties so he can work on other things. In this case I failed both the players and Jeff by not taking action sooner. I allowed myself to get disorganized which I promise will not happen again. I can assure you however, I do not let myself make a mistake without learning from it. From this point on exploits will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Image Image

Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Glad to hear that. I know you are doing your best Marty, and the Community Team was a great promising communication link between the game management leadership and the player base, you should work on building up something like that again for sure. Good luck on future development of this game.

Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next