It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Post RE: Hermes Leveling Exploit Rollback
I have a bit of difficulty in understanding how this is any different from the levels that Bizman, Helro and Jedi gained from leveling off of King Khan Kilrathi clones, which they have taken advantage of for several years now. Now that there is a new unintended broken leveling place and people took advantage of it, we get punished. I'd like to ask why I spent three days in there, lost a lot of drones and hardly gained any advantage at all, and to see it all removed when people in the past have done just the same, and is still getting away with it. I see no reason to play a game that chooses to punish some people and leave out others for doing the exact same thing.

And if you wish to know why I say "hardly any advantage at all", then it is because most players that leveled from 2500 -> 3500+ did so because they had fun racing each other on the leaderboard. The difference between a level 2500 and a level 3500 is so non-existant in this game that I don't see why this is a big issue at all.

Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

Post Re: RE: Hermes Leveling Exploit Rollback
"yay i got 10 more levels of zen of calmness"

which does almost nothing ._.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 am
Profile E-mail

The skill points I got from level 2800 to 3600 is enough to give me Zen of Calmness 100. Game breaking? Not really.

And here is another aspect of this issue. While at removing this kind of power leveling, how about you Administrators finally open up your eyes and remove the following exploited leveling related bugs that has been stressed so many times by this player base (but you still refuse to listen)...

1. Transference healing experience
2. Director/councillor leveling tithe gained from being logged in (auto-kicking doesn't work)

The highest leveled players in this game should not be a director of an active team that lets his character stay logged in for 12 hours or more while being at school, and it should not be players who are level 3000+ shield monkeys who heal level 800-1000 berserkers that kill MF Reavers and other high level AI - which grants the shield monkeys about 3-4 times the experience pr. kill compared to what a regular level 3000 sniper would get.

Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 am

Team: None
Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432
Class: Gunner

I totally agree with CSE, why the fuck do admins feed exploiters. Seriously I have been working hardly to hit the level I have now on smok and spent alot credits for motherfucking missiles (enough to afford another alt) and suddenly people like daedalus lvld from 2600 to 3.8k in a fucking week.

This would be less retarded if there were at least AIs that would fit into lvl 2000-4000 to allow players lvl off them (I mean non-retarded AIs that can be soloed unlike delquads (cuz hives are soloable, at least for my sniper)).

Wed May 02, 2012 2:06 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

I have to agree with Thermal on this.

There was no exploit of a bug merely some top players finding a place to level easily.

This has happened before an those people got off scot-free so why the double standard?

What really pisses me off was Hermes was blocked off for the rest of us.

A typical example of a knee-jerk reaction which punished a large chunk of the player-base for a actions of a few.

Was it really necessary?

Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

Russell wrote:
I have to agree with Thermal on this.

There was no exploit of a bug merely some top players finding a place to level easily.

This has happened before an those people got off scot-free so why the double standard?

What really pisses me off was Hermes was blocked off for the rest of us.

A typical example of a knee-jerk reaction which punished a large chunk of the player-base for a actions of a few.

Was it really necessary?

The locking of Hermes was done to prevent more people using this ´exploit´.
Although I dislike the locking of Hermes, its not like you miss a lot of him. I believe you can do him on a daily basis anyway.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 2907

Dammit i missed my chance to lvl to 3k!!!

Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 am

Main: __
Level: 2482

There has to come a point where you begin to deal with problems like this. It isn't fair to let some people take advantage of something and remove that ability for other people, while letting the original abusers retain what they got from the exploit. The fact that they're not banning you for it is the leniency part; if they thought you were doing it maliciously, then bans would have been given out. Because you were not doing it maliciously, you lose the unfair gains but are not banned.

I do feel that you should be compensated in some way for time lost, but other than that I feel that this is a fairly fair judgement.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

redalert150 wrote:
Dammit i missed my chance to lvl to 3k!!!

This is serious :P

What is the point of not having a level cap, if you can't reasonably get to a level where you can max out skills and throw a little extra into zen.

1000 levels for a few points in zen seems pretty expensive to me lol.

And let's face it, zen is not a game breaker, lol

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 am
Profile E-mail

For me it seems to be obvious that the administration of this game really needs to wake up now and actually listen to the player base and keep a close dialogue with them so this game at least moves in a direction where it will be enjoyable to play, and not just end up dead within short time.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 am
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: The SI
Level: 0
Class: None

As the dev who lead the investigation, I'm going to set a few things straight here before things get out of hand.

Leveling is supposed to get progressively harder past the point where you can max everything except zen skills. Anything past that point is just a small bonus and for bragging rights.

The people who abused these ai the most gained over a thousand levels each, in less than a week. When you're already around level 3k, I think anyone will agree that it was far too fast. Levels were reverted due to the fact that literally a third of the top players list was filled with people who had abused these ai to get there It was deemed that it was unfair to current top players who had invested hundreds of hours to get there and to players that played fair and didn't abuse a broken mechanic.

I'd also like to point out that no one was hurt by their level being rolled back. All the players reverted were high leveled and showed clear signs of abusing these ai. They will all still be able to do all the same content as before.

As to the mentions of past leveling exploits (Lion boss in particular) thats in the past, if they had happened today we would have reverted them.

Last edited by SI on Wed May 02, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:38 am
Profile E-mail

Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 2907

SI wrote:
As the dev who lead the investigation, I'm going to set a few things straight here before things get out of hand.

Leveling is supposed to get progressively harder past the point where you can max everything except zen skills. Anything past that point is just a small bonus and for bragging rights.

The people who abused these ai the most gained over a thousand levels each, in less than a week. When you're already around level 3k, I think anyone will agree that it was far too fast. Levels were reverted due to the fact that literally a third of the top players list was filled with people who had abused these ai to get there It was deemed that it was unfair to current top players who had invested hundreds of hours to get there and to players that played fair and didn't abuse a broken mechanic.

I'd also like to point out that no one was hurt by their level being rolled back. Only players above a certain level were reverted and only if they had clearly been involved in the abuse of these ai. All of them will be able to do all the same content as before.

As to the mentions of past leveling exploits (Lion boss in particular) thats in the past, if they had happened today we would have reverted them.

:lol: SI said shut the fuck!

Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 am

SI wrote:

Fine, since this game is PvAI focused there is no reason to level once you hit 2000 then? That leaves you with base building and uber runs only as the main things keeping this game running. No reason to do regular AI content at all I guess.

So DIE, Bizman and TimeOfDeath abusing Lion levels was never unfair? I'd like an apology at least from the administration of Star Sonata for treating people this way.

I'd also like to point out that no one was hurt by their level being rolled back. Only players above a certain level were reverted and only if they had clearly been involved in the abuse of these ai. All of them will be able to do all the same content as before.

No-one was hurt by the reverting, would mean that no-one would be hurt by keeping it the way it was. That is a simple logic which you fail to see. If no-one is hurt by having their level rolled back, then no-one would be hurt by not having it rolled back. And I don't see why players above a certain level were reverted. Is it fine that a player leveled from 1000 to 2000 in here, when a player leveling from 3000 to 3500 should get reverted? Seriously?

This is a major mistake, where I would like to hear a big apology from the administration, and I would like to have some kind of compensation for this terrible management of this game.

Now can you please tell me if there is any plans to revert the levels of those who abuse the fact that auto-kicker isn't working and therefore staying logged in 24/7 while not playing the game, and from doing that gaining tons and tons of levels and being in the top leader board?

Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 am

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

I too agree. There is/was no exploit. SS was designed so the RAMs in Hermes would overwhelm players and be a total pain in the arse. So some players do what the game is designed for us to do, ... squad up and fight back.

There were no T21+ items looted. The only things RAMs drop are augs, ... the same augs that you get from doing Rumble Mumble and its ilk. There was a lot of lost, very expensive, gear for a few lousy levels.

Before you admins jump off the deep end you really need to fully consider your actions. Enough with the knee jerk crap, go find a neuron and use it.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

This response makes me very happy.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next