It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Re: A question and a discussion.
seanla4350 wrote:
It is Sams main character and he was given two T21 skills and a T21 ship the moment he hit level 1000, as a thanks to what he did for me in this game in the past.

sabre198 wrote:
so what the losers lose a whole 2m in repair costs. I would suggest noob teams research their enemies before falling out with Outcast.

I never said Sam attacked me. I never said it was Sam. It could be you, or Erman, or Sharky, or Rick, or Trevor or even Voomy.

The point is a level 1000-1300 character, funded by an extremely rich or well connected player, in an Oly+ ship using very powerful gear attacking and destroying any low level player or team that dare builds or flies in wild space.

And because it's a sniper(PW+) or a seer(AWC+/AgH+), it is very hard if not impossible to confine it to Sol.

Currently, the repair costs are low. But even a T20 player will pay 100m or so per death, and if every foray outside of his galaxy is instant death, and if all his team's galaxies are BvB'd into submission, what then?

There is no high level requirement for T21. There is no high level requirement for T20. The two endgame techs in star sonata. Can be obtained pretty early into someone's SS career.

Charlie is a level 1350 Sniper from RSI. He's starting to enter T21 gear and skills. This is like his 2nd Universe playing?

What I'm trying to get you people to discuss is that maybe T20/T21 skills are gained a little too early and this can make for some very bad problems if a pirate like -X- decides to have a very low level alt pick on even lower level characters with a T20 ship or T21 ship.

A level 600 Panther seer easily outclasses every other class for a new player or players. Especially if said players have not even reached T20 gear.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Max235 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
It is Sams main character and he was given two T21 skills and a T21 ship the moment he hit level 1000, as a thanks to what he did for me in this game in the past.
I never said it was Sam. It could be you, or Erman, or Sharky, or Rick, or Trevor or even Voomy.

The point is a level 1000-1300 character, funded by an extremely rich or well connected player, in an Oly+ ship using very powerful gear attacking and destroying any low level player or team that dare builds or flies in wild space.

Max235 wrote:
Am just making a note of Sam's PW, which was given to a character that was level 1020 or so at time.

You said Sam :P

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

I would also advise any small teams who think they have been unfairly bullied by even lone players funded by pro teams, or teams vastly over powered to themselves, to bring thier plight to the community on these forums.

You would be surprised how long the name "pirate team" or "bullies" sticks, sometimes years after the original incident *wink wink*. Especially when you have people like me with very long memories to keep the whispers going. :wink:

Nobody likes bullies and that will eventually cause the bullies lots of grief long term for the short amount of fun they have bullying.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

This is pointless, Church. The SS community has not had a problem policing itself for unnecessary bullying, and in fact there has been very little of that at all in the past few unis.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Team: None
Main: Shadow-Blade-Iathan
Level: 69
Class: None

anilv wrote:
This is pointless, Church. The SS community has not had a problem policing itself for unnecessary bullying, and in fact there has been very little of that at all in the past few unis.

If there's one thing this community is good at, it's self-policing. I agree with you.

TheGrandOptimist's Trading Depot
Thyme - TheGrandOptimist - Shadow-Blade-Iathan

"Rather let the crime of the guilty go unpunished than condemn the innocent."

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550
Class: Berserker

I wouldn't have got the PW at such a low level if I didn't have a solid reputation, if it were otherwise myself or anyone else for that matter would never get such a valuable ship. Even if they did have connections simply because they can't be trusted.

Makes me smile people have noticed though, I feel special. :lol:

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

I assume anything like this would cause a blackhole and uni reset.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Max235 wrote:
What I'm trying to get you people to discuss is that maybe T20/T21 skills are gained a little too early?

And this is the whole point of the thread. I just gave one example of the problem.

You can reach endgame potential by the time you're 1/12th the level of Topbuzz. Endgame is both T20 and T21. They are very different and powerful compared to the other Techs. It's a whole other world from T0-T19 once you get T20 and T21 gear.

A T20 player using T20 gear will 95% of the time outperform a T19 or T17 player in both pvai and pvp. And not only would it perform better, but there would such a large gap that the other player might as well in a Zebucart for all the Vulture or Izer player cares.

And you can do this by level 650. You have reached endgame by level 650. Thats like being level 15 in WoW and sitting on your pile of epic gear soloing some of the toughest bosses in game. Or in EVE be piloting a Titan by the third month. A Titan you built alone.

Why does your level not reflect what you can access? A level 15 Paladin is never going to access and survive in a level 80 dungeon. A three month old pilot is barely going to be in a battleship, let alone a T2 or Faction battleship, and definitely never a capital ship. At least not until 18 more months down the road skill wise.

Why is Star Sonata the only game where you can reach endgame potential for so short of game time and game level?

People wonder why others quit. They get bored of reaching a point that normally takes years in any other game.

I'm not saying make the game harder. This game is ridiculously easy. I'm saying that your level should reflect what you use. For a grand total of 1500 levels, I have been T20. For about 20 levels, I have been T19.

If mid and early game are so much of a burden, why are they even here? New players have rocketed to T20 without much thought of below, so why are they even here? They're taking up server resources that could be 1 or 2 more zones for T20 and T21, each.

Now, you discuss. I will say no more.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

Whos Sam?

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I lied. Just for the sake of Tommy.

Sam = Outcast = Howl.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Max235 wrote:
I lied. Just for the sake of Tommy. Lied about what? :o

Sam = Outcast = Howl. Oh right.

password wrote:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

sam is a twink then :)

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

sabre198 wrote:

Hes a flid.

password wrote:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

Tomzta09 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

Hes a flid.

Hey nice nose and fringe Comb.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail

In my opininion i don't think this is a question that needs answering. If you have an Oly ship because you built, got a drop or was given it then that means you deserve it. Whatever they do with it after that is up to them.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail