It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Post Unblock SS
Hi guys! as you know, i recently posted a topic basically saying that i would like the original Star Sonata music posted, because i am unable to download the game. This is because of my college internet. It blocks all "application/x-dosexec" type files.

Well i want to try something else instead of waiting for someone else to post the original music.

I want to be able to download the game and play it. But, my question is:

Is there a way i could use a proxy to play the game? I can download the game else where, but the internet at my college (please note that i live in the college dorms), also blocks all gaming ports.

A while ago, I heard of this program called the "SStunnel". Is that something i should use to play Star Sonata with unblocked ports? i know that "tunnels" are used to name proxy servers; i think, but I'm not sure.

Has someone else had this problem? were you able to solve it? if so, please tell me how you were able to fix this problem.

Thanks for listening

-ALPHADOG69-

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:15 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3361
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Unblock SS
Jey's tunnel does work in a lot of those port blocking situations, its definitely worth a try.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
taser3 wrote:
Hi guys! as you know, i recently posted a topic basically saying that i would like the original Star Sonata music posted, because i am unable to download the game. This is because of my college internet. It blocks all "application/x-dosexec" type files.

Well i want to try something else instead of waiting for someone else to post the original music.

I want to be able to download the game and play it. But, my question is:

Is there a way i could use a proxy to play the game? I can download the game else where, but the internet at my college (please note that i live in the college dorms), also blocks all gaming ports.

A while ago, I heard of this program called the "SStunnel". Is that something i should use to play Star Sonata with unblocked ports? i know that "tunnels" are used to name proxy servers; i think, but I'm not sure.

Has someone else had this problem? were you able to solve it? if so, please tell me how you were able to fix this problem.

Thanks for listening

-ALPHADOG69-

Proxifier + TOR = Playing SS outside of any proxy, anywhere. Thats how I access it at school.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

>inb4 what's Tor.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm

FracOMac wrote:
Jey's tunnel does work in a lot of those port blocking situations, its definitely worth a try.
FWI, if this actually works, i will flip a shit.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:50 pm

It didn't work unfortunately. I don't know if its me or the Epic College firewall.

ill state the problem:

when the "Tunnel status" got to the connecting stage, it then said "Hot-key invalid, trying to update". then this came up. "Error:133 : The tunnel has been disconected (it misspelled disconnected hehe) for some reason. Please Contact Jey123456 either via forum pm or email jey123456@gmail.com"

does anybody know what to do?

P. S jey123456 i forwarded this message to you.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

On a similar note, MSN doesn't accept links from anything which has to do with SS because they're supposedly unsafe, some browsers/virus scanners also flag SS as unsafe, should be fixed.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail

i guess the issue is the updating process. Is there a way i could download the latest version instead?

jey123456 i hope you find this post. Or respond to my private message.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840
Class: Speed Demon

have an i pod or something with a usb port that downloads files. there you go put ss in it unload it worked for my nephews laptop

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:12 am
Profile E-mail