It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Pretender Hermes!
I'm mildly put off that a relatively new holiday is putting a T21 olympus uber on the back burner. Hermes has been broken since C2 came out with nothing visible being done to fix him. this has locked up an entire class from true T21 viability with no effort from the admins on it getting done.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Things like this are the reason why the developers shouldn't rely on a class getting their endgame ship, and only that ship to make them balanced...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Blue Bobbo, what about making a 30 second aura that literally stops everything for 30 seconds so the Hermes aura can kick in?

-100% damage, rof, range, regen, speed, thrust, turning to all party members, lasts thirty seconds.

Applied to all squad members upon entry to Hermes boss room.

Or maybe change the key to get into the boss room into a tweak used upon warping? One key per member, previous room drops 10 of them. The E-sector uses a non-neurokeysync key, and while I havent done hermes, I assume it, like the rest of Oly, uses a standard neurokeysync key.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 pm
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Max235:
I have no idea what exactly you are trying to suggest for what reasons.

Asmodeaan:
Sorry, but that's just the way it is. If I want Easter to go in on time I have a bit over 3 days. The reason it's this way is because Easter is relatively new. If it was old, the content would already be there.

Support

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Max235 wrote:
while I havent done hermes.

I'm going to assume then you also don't know whats wrong with him. Your suggestion makes no sense within the actual context of whats wrong. gtfo of the topic.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Main: Max235
Level: 1821

Enk and Thermal said all I need to know. He hits ridiculously hard and ridiculously fast.

Thermal wrote:
worked out that he did 30 000 damage to my old HM Engineer which had 75-80% resistance to heat. He did this with the recoil of a speed demon, so I think that is where things is majorly wrong.

Enkelin wrote:
Hermes dropped my Shield Monkey faster than anything I've seen, other than a direct shot from Kidd's incinerators. My Shield Monkey's also more or less the tankiest possible setup that can also achieve reasonable HPS.

So, I suggested that Bobbo asks someone, or does himself (when he's done with Easter) to add an Aura that vastly weakens the damage and rate of fire of Hermes.

Bobbo replied with the Instance being annoying, and it'd take 30 seconds (supposedly after entering the instance) before such Aura could start to affect Hermes.

So I suggested that there could be some sort of tweak upon the entire squad, for the set of time needed before Hermes can be affected. I mean, complete halt to Hermes, any guards in his level, any ambush spawns, and the entire squad, for that time. It could be done as a tweak, or maybe a drone on the gate (either boss room gate, or gate to room from previous level).

But you. You assume that since I haven't gone on a Hermes run, that I don't know what happens in there, or at least a general idea on what to do.

I haven't gone on a Kidd run either. Yet, from just asking a few questions to people who did go on Kidd runs, I could answer The SI's question on how Kidd's Aggro Coding works. Correctly. Rest of my team couldn't answer that, and they have done Kidd 3-5 times so far.

Either the ones who do the runs are complete dumbasses and I guessed, or I actually know what was happening and have a good idea what is going on with Hermes.

However, if you have Enk and Thermal on your SS Forum Ignore List (Foe List), then I win by default.

Wall of text it may be, but I know what I'm saying and unlike you, am attempting to help fix it. Instead of whine.

@Bobbo
Hmm. No change without patch.

Is it possible to put him on the text server and mess with him there first before a patch to Live?

Does that also need a patch?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Only people I can imagine who'd put me on Foe would be the SBP guys I pissed off for advocating against GG. :P

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Yeah, we can use test for it. Test is pretty easy to get patched (usually quicker than live, if someone is around to do it). And as I said, if we go on test, once we enter the galaxy I can just add a bit of boss scripting in for him to generate an aura to effect himself (nerf self).

Not sure where your tweak idea came from, or how you think that would actually help.

Support

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Max235 wrote:
Bobbo replied with the Instance being annoying, and it'd take 30 seconds (supposedly after entering the instance) before such Aura could start to affect Hermes.

LOL.
What he said was that it would take 30 seconds to DO the fix, but would require a server patch.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Asmodeaan:
Sorry, but that's just the way it is. If I want Easter to go in on time I have a bit over 3 days. The reason it's this way is because Easter is relatively new. If it was old, the content would already be there.

:lol:

Soooo, because you want Easter to go in for some odd reason, who knows what reasoning you have to even do an Easter holiday...anyways...you're okay with locking a class out of advancing? Because that is just what you said. Although none of this is an excuse since it has been broken for months...

Glad the developers have great priorities.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

all i got out of this us churchill making up suggestions on things he fantasy over in his head through other peoples opinion? whaaa?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

Churchill i think your post ended up in my inbox instead of this topic it had the same subject name so yeah i thought u meant to post it up on here :

Max235 wrote:
Subject: Pretender Hermes!

kanescreed wrote:
all i got out of this us churchill making up suggestions on things he fantasy over in his head through other peoples opinion? whaaa?

It's plain and simple english.

Kyp is being a dumbass for thinking that I don't know anything if I havent been there.

However, he has yet to do or say anything to help fix Hermes.

Basically, Kyp is a whiney whiney whiner.

He should not whine about others wanting to help fix if he doesnt try to help fix either. Filthy hypocrites....

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

Main: yellow
Level: 1703

Yeah I could care less about Easter. I have been waiting for the opportunity to get some Hermes gear and when I get the ability to do so he is broken. Now that the devs are finally listening to use that he has been broken for months we have to wait for Easter to be finished before they even start on him? I would rather wait for Easter to have the main uber for my class fixed.

I know it's only 3 days but it's the principle of the thing.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:14 am
Profile E-mail

kanescreed wrote:
Churchill i think your post ended up in my inbox instead of this topic it had the same subject name so yeah i thought u meant to post it up on here...

Thanks kane. Church must be a bit schizophrenic today... Thinking that my attempts to correct his understanding so he might contribute to the conversation are me bitching and moaning about... something... And of course he skipped over the part where Blue Dwarf himself responded to his post with a "WTFM8?"

@Church, the reason I've been reticent in offering suggestions is that I have recently had some ideas of how to kill Hermes in his current state, and wanted to attempt those before making uninformed and nonsensical suggestions.

Having attempted one of those ideas this afternoon, I can say with a fair degree of confidence that Hermes is probably doable in his current state, but a bit of tweaking would keep him from being quite as ridiculous for those with less finesse.

If the devs want my thoughts on the matter they know where to find me; I won't post them publicly and rob you of the fun of discovering Hermes' mechanics yourself.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

trevor54 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
Asmodeaan:

:lol:

Soooo, because you want Easter to go in for some odd reason, who knows what reasoning you have to even do an Easter holiday...anyways...you're okay with locking a class out of advancing? Because that is just what you said. Although none of this is an excuse since it has been broken for months...

Glad the developers have great priorities.

The issue I have is not Bobbos priorities, but the fact that no other Developers can help to actually just tune down his DPS to the level it was when it was manageable to kill Hermes.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 am