It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post Change squad limit
I disagree to having a squad limit of max ten i think it should be as many as you need. In the cases of oly i know it has to be ten so i sure we can figure out a way to limit the squad sizes in different instances. But in war situations etc i think it should be no limit

What does everyone else think?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Change squad limit
The question is why? Most über runs only require 3-7 people, and having 15 people on a squad is not justifiable between rolls, it would just be for pure shits and giggles.

Oh you mean war where 2 teams have to squad together and not become aggro with each other.

In that case I would suggest a right click command only available through couni+ that allows that person to declare an "alliance" with another team, letting them tractor, attack, and prevent c-coding that team.

I think that would better solve the problem you suggested.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Updated.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

So? I agree with this along with the no team limit idea as well. Simply let the player base balance itself out. If 50 folks want to go do all 4 Oly ubers let them. 80% of them won't get any loot and they will still all get a lockout so not sure what the issue is.

I guess the only argument would be selling skills/skilling up alts but again, who cares? Still takes an ass long time and if someone wants to sell skills let them.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry spatzz read my post again, I think an alliance function between teams would solve a whole mess of aggro problems when at war.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Maybe that alliance function could also cost both teams money? The same way being at war with a team costs money. Personally I think it's a great idea.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Alliance has been suggested and shot down numerous times as being a bit broken.

This is not just about PvP thought, I just don't think we should limit squad sizes in general, not sure why the limit of 10 was ever put in.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail

I don't see a problem with increasing the size, but I think the admins intentionally put this in so that 1 oly run doesn't give 20 different people all Olympus shards at the same time for doing the same amount of work. A we bit broken IMO, but that's the only issue I would have with this.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

What about a skill that give 1 more squad skill and can be trained to lvl 10 or something?

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I don't think this is a good idea. Squad limits let us actually design content that is potentially challenging. Making variable squad limits depending on where the people are is just a giant headache waiting to happen.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

But at the end of the day if we want to grow this game bigger increase the amount of characters on a team, its becoming too small. Other teams have had to make alt teams just because everone can't fit in the main team. At uni resets sometimes its a headache because the two Directors and 2 Counci's and commanding officers must talk on vent and blah blah (you would know if you've done it) and it would make it more exciting. Who cares design tougher ai. It would be mint to see 20 people go on into an area and get fucked over :P. We pay for each account yet cant have all on team because other people also need to be on to make a team functionable. Coming from a players point of view something needs to happen. As of right now im not putting the game down but eventually i would love to see something like 300 ships (piloted by 1 person each) go into wars it would give this game so much more status and trust me everyone would want to join ;) But were being restricted. Im sure other players do agree

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

How about bosses get tougher when squads are bigger? And better loot chances too.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Theres many ways to be able to cater for bigger squads and teams etc. Its just i cant figure out why there not being done? this game has potential to be a super game but its limited by team sizes, squad sizes etc :(

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

Captain Kidd with 20 players, good idea - don't think so. Then you can have 20 mediocre players, get a Prawn Blueprint to drop, and two days later that player can go kill Kidd in a squad of three people. Some ubers are designed for 10 people and no more for sure.

But it is indeed interesting with instances that only allow 5, 15, 20, 25 or maybe 30 players and have the uber designed based on that. That could favor big teams but then also that is the advantage of being in a big active team or in a big active alliance.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Well, team size is a different thing. Maybe what we need is a more organic limit to team size rather than a hard cap. What I don't want is for everyone in the game to be in just two different teams. That's boring. A lot of smaller teams is a lot more fun. So we'd need some incentive for a smaller, more active team.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next