It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Adverts
Yes but we already pay per month and we have those aug resets costing 30 dollars and that shipforming costing 10 and namechanging 20... We shouldn't have to pay extra for that since we already pay fucking 10 dollar a month per account. If you subscribe to a f2p/p2p based game you expect to unlock the game to its fullest not having to pay afterwards for other shit too. Also adding it to the p2p (those skins) would be another incentive for f2p to go p2p and that is way more profitable, because a guaranteed income > unstable income, basic economics.

Also the DLC remark, that already mostly isn't for games for which you pay a monthly subscription fee. And games who do have that (I can only think of WoW with expansions like the burning crusade and wrath of the litch king) don't have extra item/gameshops things with skins. If you pay you can do the complete game and you don't have to pay extra afterwards.

Please admins don't give in to this stupid idea, even though it might seem like an easy idea to make some quick cash. Just think about what i wrote and any marketing guy would side with me. You can't combine multiple marketing models (f2p/p2p/itemstore/skins/etc) in 1 it won't work people, you will not bond clients to you.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

SS already has an item shop, as you pointed out. You can pay additional cash for in-game benefits.

Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ELECTIVE SERVICES. Jesus effing christ kid.

Having the option to pay for aug resets provides people with no other choice a way out. No other game has the same level of dedicated quasi-permanent decisions associated with gearing a character than SS.

Time's change, and offering subscribers an option to feel unique is a massive incentive.

What does SS have to gain by wasting an artist's time making unique skins for every ship in game that are provided for free to already paying subscribers as additional content? Absolutely nothing. No one is complaining that their ships look just like everyone else's, and even if they start complaining now, the incentive for a dev to develop a unique system to provide the proposed changes is non-existent without some sort of gain.

Now, if the system had a high chance of generating significant additional revenue in addition to locked in monthly subs, its value to production time ratio would increase dramatically, and would likely see the light of day quicker than if it was intended as a free system.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

No shut the hell up, paying more for a game you're already subscribing to to look unique and to get stupid stuff like skins makes no fucking sense, no matter what business model you look at. So shut up kid.

A game you're paying for already shouldn't need to add in stupid moneymaking stuff. This isn't Runescape or LoL. Please do not make it so.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail

thijs12b wrote:
No shut the hell up, paying more for a game you're already subscribing to to look unique and to get stupid stuff like skins makes no fucking sense, no matter what business model you look at. So shut up kid.

A game you're paying for already shouldn't need to add in stupid moneymaking stuff. This isn't Runescape or LoL. Please do not make it so.

Obviously you don't grasp the concept. It's an elective option. What is your argument against the current item store? You should have unlimited aug resets because you pay for the game? Yeah, no.

Just because you don't find the use in unique skins doesn't mean others don't. I assure you, if there was an option to buy unique skins for ships at $1 a piece, they would sell like wildfire.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

I understand the concept.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
I understand the concept.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

That's fine, but you can't deny that it's a very lucrative business model. Otherwise games like LoL wouldn't use it.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

/Not signed to OP and Biggee

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

playerboy345 wrote:
/Not signed to OP and Biggee

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

No offense but I get the feeling this particular suggestion is going to get added weather you like it or not. And while I can understand that some people don't want to have to pay for the extra stuff. A lot of others would. Take my screenshot comp prize, my ancient scoutship. No one has complained about it being unique or different. All they've said is its a cool looking ship and many have asked how to get it. I get the feeling if I told them its purchasable for RL $ a small portion would go on and pay for it.

Last edited by Camsy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:16 pm

biggee531 wrote:
thijs12b wrote:

Obviously you don't grasp the concept. It's an elective option. What is your argument against the current item store? You should have unlimited aug resets because you pay for the game? Yeah, no.

Just because you don't find the use in unique skins doesn't mean others don't. I assure you, if there was an option to buy unique skins for ships at $1 a piece, they would sell like wildfire.

It makes the game annoying and would frustrate me a lot. I am against the current item store. Not because I think we should have unlimited aug resets. But because I think that you shouldn't have to pay extra to get in game advantages for a game you're already paying for to play. I think that if you pay to play everything should be obtainable by playing and not by paying extra. So if you run out of aug resets tough shit. Or let it cost like 100b in credits instead of 30 real dollars. That is my argument.

That's why people go premium. If there is no incentive in going premium, since you're just going to end up having to pay more, to look cool or to get your stuff itemformed, people will be like nah fuck this ima just play a game like WoW/EVE w/e the fuck kind of games are out there because you just pay a subscription and then you have access to the whole game. That is a f2p/p2p system model. This suggestion is crap and if any skins should automatically come with going p2p as to add more incentive in going p2p. Otherwise sure make an itemshop for F2P to buy skins for 1 dollar a piece. But don't let p2p pay for them to, it makes no sense. At all. Kid.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail

WoW put out 4 expansions, which is what, like $120 if they were $30 a piece. That's the exact same thing since you don't pay extra for content updates in SS. I doubt anyone could possibly spend $120 on new ship skins.

It's the exact same concept, just disguised as giant content patches.

Edit*

Just the concept of additional charges in addition to subscriptions. Except it's not mandatory in SS, where it was definitely mandatory in WoW if you wanted to progress at all.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

1. SS is not WoW, personally I'd be really upset if we put something lame in like this. This isn't Runescape or LoL either. Also you don't buy Star Sonata, you play for free or you pay per month.
2. Those things we're completely new zones and new level caps as far as I know. Perhaps comparable to having to buying an expansion to get access to t21.
3. Skins sure go ahead, but it should be included with premium. So sure if an f2p doesnt want to go p2p but wants a skin he can. But p2p's shouldn't have to pay for it. Since they're already paying customers and I completely disagree on them having to pay for anything extra ingame (as I said I also don't agree with having to pay for stuff like aug resets and ship forming) as a paying costumer, I've have already payed and should thus have full access to the game. Trying to commercialize this game even more won't work. People will just get turned off.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail

You compared it to WoW, and SS will always be compared to WoW and EVE because it is an MMO, just like the others.

So it's okay to charge almost $200 for a game, plus the subscription cost, and content that you HAVE to buy in order to play to end-game, but it's not okay to charge a monthly subscription with OPTIONAL content that doesn't give you an advantage in-game or doesn't prevent you from progressing without it?

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

When you compare SS with a game like WoW yes, absolutely.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail

thijs12b wrote:
When you compare SS with a game like WoW yes, absolutely.

They are both MMO's, and both have subscriptions, and both provide entertainment for hours on end. What's the difference? It's okay for WoW to charge more because it appeals to more people, but not okay for SS to have just as many revenue sources as WoW?

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next