It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post [Graphics] Better uber Explosions
Today I killed a forgone. Now normally this wouldn't be too big of a deal, but today my computer bugged and the screen flashed pure white for about a second just as it exploded, giving the impression that it had gone out with a HUGE boom.

It would be sweet if some sort of effect like this were added to ubers, to make killing them all that much cooler. Bigger explosions for higher level ubers, of course.

Pretty much scale it like this; the level of the AI sets a base multiplier of the explosion size, and then ubers get an automatic x10 explosion size multiplier, as well as some sort of flash/bang effect.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Better uber Explosions
Cygnus wrote:
Today I killed a forgone. Now normally this wouldn't be too big of a deal, but today my computer bugged and the screen flashed pure white for about a second just as it exploded, giving the impression that it had gone out with a HUGE boom.

It would be sweet if some sort of effect like this were added to ubers, to make killing them all that much cooler. Bigger explosions for higher level ubers, of course.

Pretty much scale it like this; the level of the AI sets a base multiplier of the explosion size, and then ubers get an automatic x10 explosion size multiplier, as well as some sort of flash/bang effect.

Personally I would like to see, on bosses only, mind...
Once they get down to 10%, theres a small green circular glow in their center. It grows slowly as its health gets lower, then when the AI dies, the glow pops into a singularity, then explodes and sends green particles flying out.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail