It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Zeus Throne
Chaosking3 wrote:
A burst aura to make them useful on runs would prob be a good idea. Maybe a short term high +resist or +shield regen aura. Something that can have a very large effect on a squad run and make bringing a Throne along a brilliant idea.

Don't make it too broken or we may end up with something like 6 ZT taking turns to spam supers.

I quite like '+ aura power' idea. It should be possible (a FC skill does it so why not an aura?)

That or something like a debuff: - energy/laser resistance or perhaps agility, people's legs should turn to jelly when they see your pimpin' ride).

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Perhaps some class specific SSS?

Basically, depending on the class using the ship, it would give unique passive bonuses.

Zerk - More resists
Sniper - More range + damage
FC - More aura power
Gunner - Debuff boost
Engineer - More AT
ShM - More slave damage
SD - More speed and agility
Seer - Tons less visibility and reflectivity

Essentially, it could make the ship usable by any class, after all it's the most expensive AND Zeus is the leader of the Pantheon after all.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Leader of the Pantheon?

The Pantheon is a temple in Rome dedicated to all the Ancient Roman gods Zeus there is called Jupiter and the Pantheon didn't have a leader.

Zeus is the leader of the Dodekatheon.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Wikipedia wrote:
The Twelve Olympians, also known as the Dodekatheon (Greek: Δωδεκάθεον<δώδεκα, [1][2] dōdeka, "twelve"+ θεοί, theoi, "gods"), in Greek mythology, were the principal deities of the Greek pantheon, residing atop Mount Olympus. The Olympians gained their supremacy in a war of gods in which Zeus led his siblings to victory over the Titans.

Right.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

lol if you would actually know anything of the ancient culture on language of what the hell you're talking about. You would know that pantheon is a general word. Pantheon isn't per definition the Greek gods. As a matter effect you also got the Hindu pantheon. So stfu and gtfo and stop reading stuff from wikipedia.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Ok, we know some facts.

A. You numbnuts are making this go off topic.

1. The Zeus Throne has some pitiful inbuilts.
2. JeffL wants to keep the majority of capital ships with 2 augs.
3. Gunner is vastly underpowered damage wise.
4. Theres a lack of T21 Auras for FC.
5. Theres a lack of true FC/Gunner capship gear in general.

I made a FC ZT, and a FC RPC on FOM's Builder, and comparing the two, the RPC is looking very good compared to the ZT. I could potentially get more out of the ZT, because the speed is ~100 while the RPC has ~65.

The ZT has 80% to most, but in exchange lost ~50k shields. The RPC is very close. The ZT also lost 200 hull to the RPC.

But, looking at both. The main advantages of the ZT is the fact it can power its shield regen, while the RPC will eventually(600k energy) run out of elect. The ZT also is vastly more agile and can run rings around the RPC.

But, looking at cost, and the reasons of why the ZT is inferior to the RPC becomes evident. The ZT, which while it is very good, lucks out because it's so fucking expensive.*

*I do realize that Thermal got the first ever ZT in existence as a drop from Zeus. Not everyone is as luck as he.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 pm

dictionary.reference.com wrote:
( lowercase ) the gods of a particular mythology considered collectively.

Now, in my post I used a capitalized P, which according to the definition would make it the Roman temple. However I was referencing the Greek Pantheon which can be treated as a proper noun, thus what I had written was actually a shortening of said Greek Pantheon. Which, if you knew anything about language would mean that I am in fact correct in my usage of the capitalization of pantheon as one could make the argument that the Greek Pantheon itself is a proper noun.

So in conclusion, stop trying to argue over English syntax. It makes you a prick who tries to point out flaws in insignificant details which have nearly nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Max235 wrote:
You numbnuts are off topic.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Max235 wrote:
Ok, we know some facts.

A. You numbnuts are making this go off topic.

1. The Zeus Throne has some pitiful inbuilts.
2. JeffL wants to keep the majority of capital ships with 2 augs.
3. Gunner is vastly underpowered damage wise.
4. Theres a lack of T21 Auras for FC.
5. Theres a lack of true FC/Gunner capship gear in general.

I made a FC ZT, and a FC RPC on FOM's Builder, and comparing the two, the RPC is looking very good compared to the ZT. I could potentially get more out of the ZT, because the speed is ~100 while the RPC has ~65.

The ZT has 80% to most wrong, 60% to most, 80% to physical and 40% to mining., but in exchange lost ~50k shields. The RPC is very close. The ZT also lost 200 hull to the RPC.

But, looking at both. The main advantages of the ZT is the fact it can power its shield regen, while the RPC will eventually(600k energy) run out of elect. The ZT also is vastly more agile and can run rings around the RPC.

But, looking at cost, and the reasons of why the ZT is inferior to the RPC becomes evident. The ZT, which while it is very good, lucks out because it's so fucking expensive.*

*I do realize that Thermal got the first ever ZT in existence as a drop from Zeus. Not everyone is as luck as he.

Only edited to keep it real. no offense meant.. But yes.. A change in the SSS's would be epic. they are abysmal and shitty for either FC or gunner.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

I DGed all day with my Ares War Chariot, and it is hilarious how powerful that Ares Aegis is. If the Zeus Throne had a useful inbuilt like that, it could have 0 aug slots for me and I would still use it.

And Hooch had the first Zeus Throne ever built. Then Tech built his. Then I got mine dropped.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Come to think of it, a really cool bonus would be to add a built in +aura% bonus. If that is possible it would be a pretty awesome ship in my opinion. Just make it also work on Gunner Destruction skill.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

In other words, everything churchill said was wrong. No real surprises there. Shall we move on?

As a side note, I feel that a ship with more hull space will probably be preferred for a gunner, if only so they can fit more missile types. If a gunner wants to use three damage types and the best missile crates, then he has potentially 450 hull space used up for missiles alone. 600 with 4 damage types. Then their guns are huge, their launchers are huge, their energy banks are huge, their fuel is huge, their shields are huge...pretty much everything about a gunner is huge!

Then again, this comes from the guy with the PBF gunner, so take it with a grain of salt.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Cygnus wrote:
so take it with a grain of salt.

Permission denied.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Cygnus wrote:
In other words, everything churchill said was right. No real surprises there. Shall we move on?

If you could not read, I'd understand. I never said I didn't aug the ZT on FOM's Shipbuilder. And in case you really still don't get it, it's:

FracOMac's Starsonata Shipbuilder at starsonata.info/builds.php

When I use the shipbuilder, I plug in everything. Weapons, Shield, Capacitor, Energy, Augmenters, Overloader, Engine(bonus), Cloak(bonus), Shield Charger, Hull Expander, and Radar(bonus).

I am right when I said 80% resists to most. This proves it.

@Thermal
Ok, you win there. Cygnus lost before he started.

The following is for a FC with full class skills, AT25, and IT1. I didn't bother using Imp Skills.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

Oh my goodness, you can manage to get 80% resists! I'm so proud of you. Run along now, big boys need to talk.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next