It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Zeus Throne
Cygnus wrote:
The majority is always sane.

I hope you realize how completely wrong that statement it. If you don't go read a few history books.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

rand4505 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
The majority is always sane.

I hope you realize how completely wrong that statement it. If you don't go read a few history books.

Well, it was more of an allegorical point, but...you're right, honestly. "Assuming that both sides are actually sane, the majority is always sane," just doesn't have quite the same punch.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

I have a ZT BP atm along with all the modules needed to make one. My reason for not doing so is because my only use would be as a cool travel ship. That is my applicable stance.

As for the speed advantage adding that much 'power'. The Capital Ship Travel Field line pretty much poops on that idea. If you want to go fast you simply pop that sucker on and fly to your hearts content. Like it was said earlier, no one really uses Dreads/RP Ships/ZTs to tank to this added resist and dodgability thing is not all that applicable to any sort of squad run. On top of that, how many AI actually use mining damage? I personally don't really plan my set-ups around pvp, I mainly look at the PvAI side of things and in that sense I don't care to much about mining, that advantage offers me no real bonus.

The ZT is simply a super super super expensive Dread. The RP ships are way cheaper and, very arguably, more effective, this just rubs wrong as the Oly ships are also harder to get uber wise.

Pos Wave has a very nice niche as a sniper and tank ship, HM is insanely powerful for ShM/Engi/any other class~ and Ares War Chariot is the current pinnacle for SD/Seer till AHermes is mainstream. The ZT however is simply one ugly child. No real advantage to using one.

It does not really matter what the balance sheets say. If the general population views something as inadequate and does not use that item is therefore, inadequate. I would suggest a change even if it means altering some current stats to shoehorn in some useful ones but making it obviously better then an RP ship or even, heck, a Dread, would be great.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Chaosking3 wrote:

You're asking for a linear, 100% upgrade from prior ship lines. That isn't how SS works unfortunately.

When a new ship is designed, they aren't generally meant to be direct upgrades; they will augment a particular play-style or fill a niche role. The ZT is godly in pvp, a lot in part due to the nice speed upgrade and overall solid resists.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

And then it would actually be useful as well if it had a Zeus Thunder and had inbuilt fighters that used some other items than Zeus Bolts and Lion Incinerators!

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Spatzz, remember when ARage aug first went in? It was panned for being a downgrade from DRage. The player base is not always right about balance...

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207

anilv wrote:
Spatzz, remember when ARage aug first went in? It was panned for being a downgrade from DRage. The player base is not always right about balance...

Put incorrectly dude.
The player base does not always see the big picture, would be much more accurate for the above comparison.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I remember you being particularly vocal about the ARage/DRage debate, prom. :P

You're correct but I would still maintain that the ZT debate may be matter of not seeing the big picture.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207

anilv wrote:
I remember you being particularly vocal about the ARage/DRage debate, prom. :P

You're correct but I would still maintain that the ZT debate may be matter of not seeing the big picture.

I don't remember, but it sounds like the kind of thing I'd throw my hat into.
And I agree entirely, thats why I said "For the above comparison".

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile E-mail

That argument is flawed though. At the time the DRage was in fact better due to all ubers only taking bank. Back to the simple statistics of only 4 active ZT.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:13 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

I had a big spam post to make here comparing (as a FC) the EFDN, RP carrier and ZT... I decided that the ZT isn't 88% better (in most cases I'd go for the carrier) and that it looked bitchy, so I post this instead:

tl;dr:
It's meant to be used via both classes, yet everything about the darned thing says 'for best results apply gunner and wait until beefed'. The inbuilt supers need to be made useful for both classes... is it possible to have a super/item that boosts the power of missiles/auras/fighters for either Fleet Commander OR Gunner, not both at once?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

The Salty One wrote:
I had a big spam post to make here comparing (as a FC) the EFDN, RP carrier and ZT... I decided that the ZT isn't 88% better (in most cases I'd go for the carrier) and that it looked bitchy, so I post this instead:

tl;dr:
It's meant to be used via both classes, yet everything about the darned thing says 'for best results apply gunner and wait until beefed'. The inbuilt supers need to be made useful for both classes... is it possible to have a super/item that boosts the power of missiles/auras/fighters for either Fleet Commander OR Gunner, not both at once?

See I would be a lot happier if it at least had SSS worth shit..the fighters are meh...and the missiles... just a waste. Though I dont know that id want a built in aura.. If admins ever decide to add more auras (possibly some T21 ones?) FC would be at a disadvantage using it. Though some combat SSS's would be cool, maybe one could be like an aura that works like a tweak. a Cooldown period and a way to hotkey activate it for X period of time.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:21 pm

saran wrote:
The Salty One wrote:

tl;dr:

See I would be a lot happier if it at least had SSS worth shit..the fighters are meh...and the missiles... just a waste. Though I dont know that id want a built in aura.. If admins ever decide to add more auras (possibly some T21 ones?) FC would be at a disadvantage using it. Though some combat SSS's would be cool, maybe one could be like an aura that works like a tweak. a Cooldown period and a way to hotkey activate it for X period of time.

Simply brilliant.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

A super powerful version of the Gamma Emitter!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 am

A burst aura to make them useful on runs would prob be a good idea. Maybe a short term high +resist or +shield regen aura. Something that can have a very large effect on a squad run and make bringing a Throne along a brilliant idea.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next