It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: -Zeus-
Level: 2477
Class: Berserker

Post [Content] Zeus Throne
Ok so people have gone on about the Zeus Throne needing a beef, I for one don't know why admins havn't done it either. But lets compare the Olympus ships to the other Olympus Ships.

Ares War Chariot - ive seen them in oly kicking some serious ass 4 augs, great resists, sufficient hull for the more advanced sds, seers and hell theres even a sniper (neat ship)

Poseidon Wave - Ive seen these also in oly kicking some serious ass. 3 aug slot. great resists, sufficient hull for the sniper class (also neat ship)

Heph Machine - This ship imo is the best oly ship, solo heals pretty much everythng except probably hermes, 4 aug slots . great resists. and sufficient hull for the shm or DM class

Zeus Throne - What is there to say about this. 2 aug slots, great resists, 2/3rds the bonus of a EFDN in shield and energy, (not a neat ship, but itf you do what the playerbase wants it will be more used right now its a trophy for the rich:) ) I havn't seen them in oly very much and they are way underpowered people say u need to up the specials and blah blah. But for a Zeus Throne (most expensive Olympus ship to build and it looks hella sexy) imo 2 things 700% shield and energy bonus and that 3rd aug slot. sorry to say but whoeve thought of 2 aug slotted ZT current stats are wacko FIX IT!

Last edited by coffee on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Zeus Throne
coffee wrote:
Ok so people have gone on about the Zeus Throne needing a beef, I for one don't know why admins havn't done it either. But lets compare the Olympus ships to the other Olympus Ships.

Ares War Chariot - ive seen them in oly kicking some serious ass

Poseidon Wave - Ive seen these also in oly kicking some serious ass!

Heph Machine - This ship imo is the best oly ship, solo heals pretty much everythng except probably hermes

Zeus Throne - What is there to say about this. I havn't seen them in oly very much and they are way underpowered people say u need to up the specials and blah blah. But for a Zeus Throne (most expensive Olympus ship to build and it looks hella sexy) imo 2 things 700% shield and energy bonus and that 3rd aug slot. sorry to say but whoeve thought of 2 aug slotted ZT current stats are wacko FIX IT!

Oh yeah, and make it capship hull type too.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

It doesn't help that there are T21 capital ship alternatives from Red Photon.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Main: -Zeus-
Level: 2477

Exactly enkelin really the ZT should be better than the RP capital ship after all most expensive ship in game curently

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

coffee wrote:
Exactly enkelin really the ZT should be better than the RP capital ship after all most expensive ship in game curently

*cough* ZT+ *cough*

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Technically the RP Warship is more expensive because a ZT+ could drop!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

The ship certainly needs some changes. Add in T21 FC Auras, then give people a reason to use this over a Red Photon Carrier. One thing you can start by changing, is the Jupiter's Call.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

the zeus throne is perfectly awesome and balanced

as a t20 ship.

for fleet focus.

i'd use one if it had a significant increase in hullspace, but at the moment, it is nowhere near powerful enough to make it worth using (not when you can just get a heph machine and have 4 augs slots, and enough hull to fit whatever you want. the zeus throne is pathetic compared to the other oly ships)

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 am
Profile E-mail

Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

3 Aug alots would break it as a capital ship, sorry, but yes, i agree, it needs a beef of some sort :)

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:57 am
Profile E-mail

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

with 3 aug slots, it would make bank zerkers viable again (and to be viable, they need to be able to kill the competition before they run out of elec/shields

and to do that they need to be significantly stronger, or "OP" as some would call it)

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 am
Profile E-mail

As I said. Add in T21 Fleet Commander auras.

Change the inbuilt item(s) to be more powerful and way more useful.

Leave the rest of the stats as it is.

It is nice to have an option to the Red Photon Carrier, something more agile and smaller, which is what the Zeus Throne is. But the problem lies in the first 2 things I pointed out.

Last edited by The Lost One on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:26 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

T21* auras pls

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

I would be a fan of seeing the throne get a sort of PBF treatment. Lower inbuilt stats and maybe resists for a 3rd aug slot. We already have the generic 2 aug slot Cap Ship in the form of Red Photon and cap ships in general tend to be very dull and linear. It is why there was a Dread at t20 and not major modifications on it compared to the multiple tiers and choices in other ship hull types.

The introduction of the PBF at t20 was pretty cool and the idea behind the ship was refreshing, turning the Throne into a more customizable ship at the cost of certain stats would simply give it that degree of difference so as to make it asymetric to vessels like the Warship and Carrier.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Don't forget Zeus Throne can be used by Gunners too, so putting class locked gear on it isn't an option really.

I must say though, I don't generally agree on the fact that a Hephaestus Machine requires a bunch of Bronze, while Zeus Throne requires the same amount but in Platinum. =/

Support

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 am

Just simply change the Jupiter's Call to actually spawn useful fighters then. Make them either DPS-heavy, or give them Greminvokers. The only reason Henchmen are useful is because of their grem, and let's face it, Zeus bolts are terrible. This way there is no class-locked gear added, as they are super specials.

Gunners can use Zeus Throne for sure, and they are a nice ship to use, but the Gunner class itself is the main problem as I see it. The Fleet Commander class is awesome, but there is nothing, and seriously nothing, apart from having low ship size, that would make a person use this over a Red Photon Carrier.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next